Anybody heard of these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001 | 11:46 PM
|
Anybody heard of these?

I was looking around at some headers on the web, and I ran across some "Jardine" headers. They say on their website that they are originally known for motorcycle parts, but they now have an automotive department. They also have stainless cat back systems. They look like they are very high quality, but they don't have prices, and thats what poor folks like me are most interested in. Anyway, heres their site: www.jardineproducts.com/automotive/index.htm check it out and tell me what y'all think.

Old 09-08-2001 | 12:20 AM
Yes

I have a Jardine Cat-Back and really like it. Bought my truck used and it had a Flow 40 on it. Sounded Great when it fired up, was idling, and around town. The Drone on the hiway drove me crazy. The Jardine still drones a little but not like the Flow.

After reading a lot of exhaust posts and talking to Mike Troyer, who told me Jardine makes as much or more HP than anyone else, I decided to do the Jardine and haven't regretted it.

Jardine has been in the exhaust business a long time and understand exhaust flow as well as anyone. I believe they also own Doug Thorley headers who pioneered the Tri-Y design which is good for street torque.

If I'm ever bit by the header bug again Jardine will be one of the companies I consider.

See my sig for contacts @ Jardine. Nice folks.

Old 09-08-2001 | 01:17 AM
|
I am currently looking for a cat back system, and it sounds like this one is pretty good. So how much was it?

Old 09-08-2001 | 10:43 AM
FYI Slickwillie....

There is a Dutch High Bidding on Ebay for 5 Sets of JBA S/S headers for 5.4L (Expy). I don't know if these are the same for you or not? But they are going for $425 a set!
Check it out!

Old 09-08-2001 | 08:07 PM
Ghz
Thumbs up slickwillie:

slickwillie, I paid $200 for the cat back plus $25 shipping, talk to John Brooks at Jardine, mention this site for the good guy price. As 1MoreFord said there was a slight drone at 1600-1800 rpm. I reduced this and quieted the cab by gluing a 1" high density closed cell foam on the complete back cab wall covering the rear vents. I also had a slight fitment issue between the ORP 17" spare and the plastic dust cover on the factory shock. I used a hose clamp as a spacer on the rear hanger. No problems in 12K miles. IMO I like the sound better than the Flow or the Gibson. Jardine knows exhaust flow technology, contact Mike T. away from this broad for his candid opinion, if you like. Just remember you will be connecting a 3" pipe to the factory 2.5" Y system and this is still your most forward restriction. I may change to a 3" outlet Y pipe in the future, as others here have done to remove this restriction.

Quick Reply: Anybody heard of these?