Gibson SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001 | 09:04 PM
|
Talking Gibson SS

I AM JUST SO HAPPY TOO TELL YOU ALL THAT I PUT IT ON TODAY! THE MAIL MAN STOP AND SAID THAT HE HAD SOMETHING FOR ME AND I GO "IS IT BIG?" HE REPLIES "YES ITS BIG." I STARTED JUMPING UP IN THE AIR AND HAD A BIG OLD GRIN ON MY FACE. HE LOOKED AT ME KIND OF ODD BUT I DON'T CARE I HAVE A NEW EXHAUST ON MY F-150!!!!!! IT WAS SO SIMPLE. I THOUGHT I WOULD NEED SOMEONE'S HELP JUST TOO LIFT AND KEEP THE MUFFLER UP BUT BOY WAS I WRONG. I TOOK IT OUT FOR A TEST RUN AND BOY DID I TELL THE DIFFERENCE ALL AROUND! I JUST WANTED TO SHARE ALL OF THIS WITH EVERYONE B/C I KNOW YOU GET EXCITED TOO WHEN YOU PUT A MOD ON YOUR TRUCKS!

J

Does anyone know what gears I might have in my truck and if I can find a way to find out?

Old 09-08-2001 | 10:46 PM
Thumbs up

There's an axle "code" on the driver's side door jamb. There is also a metal tag under a rear differential cover bolt with the actual "ratio" included. Congratulations on your happy exhaust mod. The exhaust can really change the whole truck's attitude..huh?

Old 09-09-2001 | 12:15 PM
Post rear gear

Does your truck have the Off road package? If it does and you took one off the lot, it probibaly has a 3.55 gear. I am unsure about non orp trucks. If you bought the truck new or have the window sticker, it should also show up on there.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-09-2001 | 12:47 PM
|
Question Gears

Well I bought the Truck used and yes it has the off road package! I havent climbed under it yet too see what the tag says but will do shortly!

J

Old 09-10-2001 | 11:48 PM
Question power aid

jc, I noticed that you have the poweraid spacer on your truck. Did you notice an increase in performance when you installed it ? If so, what RPM range ? Dave

Old 09-10-2001 | 11:51 PM
|
Angry power aid throttle body spacer

i did a little bit but not that much! It also creates a whistling sound that is ok i mean its cool and all but gets old! I wouldnt recommend it at all but thats just my 2 cents! It might add in the end but i am not sure! Your money would be better for other add ons like HEADERS! or any other thing you choose to put on your truck! I will be up in KY this weekend by FT Knox so if you choose to hear it your self just let me know!

Old 09-10-2001 | 11:57 PM
Thumbs up headers

jc, thanks for the response. FYI, I've had the Gibson headers installed since Sunday morning and they were worth the effort to install. I really like the product and it compliments the SS well. I think I'll leave the airflow alone now and concentrate on lessening the drivetrain loss. LOL, Dave

Old 09-11-2001 | 12:02 AM
|
Talking SWEET

I want to get headers so bad but I just don't have the cash right now! I want to get them for my 4.6 and I know I will be very happy with them. I also would like to get some high flow cats 3" and redo the whole system to 3"! But for now I am just waiting for the mail man to come and bring me my Back ordered things!!!!!! I just cant wait to have more HP! I am very happy with the improved performance that I have got for the SS exhaust! I could not believe how much more power I have received! Well Happy rolling!

Quick Reply: Gibson SS