A warning to People who install their own JBA headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2001 | 04:51 AM
|
Exclamation A warning to People who install their own JBA headers

If you own a Lightning and you are going to put in JBA headers.... find a LONG weekend that you have nothing to do.... IT TOOK ME FRICKEN 12 HOURS with 3 people. I still have a mild exhaust leak bc i couldn't get all the bolts in. Yes call me crazy but it was 2am and i had to head home. I had my baby up on jack stands the wheels off and putting those god forsaken header bolts in took a total of about 9 hours. WTF it should not be that hard. there are these two nuts behind on of the tubes that is IMMPOSIBLE to tighten. i was amazed that i even got one in with my thumb and index finger. I have to head over to my buddy's race shop to get some different "non-standard" tools to get the last babies in. but, after the most grulling mod i've ever done, which at one point i thought i was going to cry bc I thought i would never get them in, i will say that it was all worth it ... good lord the acceleration at 50 is what it used to be at like 30. Just the other day i finally gave her WOL and i said some swear words that i should write in here... i feel her comming alive very slowly. She's about 410hp in the engine at the moment, but when she's at 480 then ill call her alive. (555hp with the bottle... some day)

Quick Reply: A warning to People who install their own JBA headers