Ok try and understand me, cause i dont.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001 | 12:28 AM
|
Question Ok try and understand me, cause i dont.

Ok i dont know a whole lot about exhaust systems so please bare with me. I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about exhaust systems, where to get it, blah blah blah. Then he told me that a friend of his can hook me up with some deals. They can give me a SI/DO Ravin exhaust system. So I asked him about Ravin and Flowmaster, he owned both (Ravin now) and he likes it better......ok. Then he said when i go to midas ask them to "cut the cat" (what is that) it will give more rumble. Can someone (if they understand that term) pls explain to me about "cutting the cat"? Is it safe for the engine? Is it legal? Any problems? Does it make a difference? ETC ETC ETC.

Old 09-15-2001 | 10:51 PM
cut the cat would mean cutting the catalitic converter out

I would not recomend this, one reason would be its against fereral law

Old 09-15-2001 | 11:00 PM
most private shops won't even do that for you, let alone a chain like midas. if you want to get more rumble out of it, you can order an exhaust cut-out from summitracing.com for about $33 after shipping and everything. got a place to put mine on for $25. makes if deeper, louder, claims to better mileage, (not sure yet, haven't checked), and you can cap it or uncap it whenever you want. i love mine. if you have questions let me know.

Old 09-16-2001 | 10:05 PM
Instead if cutting that cat off ........you can buy some high performance ones which will give it a deeper rumble....

My friend says you can run pipes straight through the conveter which will make it look like they are there but in fact they are not..

If you cut ur cats...and get pulled over...you can get in alot of trouble..my cousin cut them offhis, and he says that he bought it that way......so he gets out of it..but he is going to put some new ones on I think.

Later

Quick Reply: Ok try and understand me, cause i dont.