Echo Cans?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2001 | 02:36 AM
|
Echo Cans?????

My cousin was telling me about echo can instead of glasspacks....what are echo cans? any website where i can read about them? or learn how to make them?

Thx

Old 09-16-2001 | 10:13 PM
I've never heard anybody talk about echo cans,but i'm guessin it's just like a glass pack with the glass blown out.if you know someone who can weld pretty good you could have em hollow out the stock muffler and put a y pipe on after the muffler for dual exhaust.i've done that with my fourwheeler,and it sounds good,not as loud as straight pipes but still sounds great and is still loud.the straights i had on my truck were a little too loud(not for me but for cops)you gotta watch that when you put straights on,keep it quiet around cops.

Old 09-17-2001 | 09:03 AM
Maybe he is refering to the fart cans that rice burners use. They are an echo chamber you add to the end of your tailpipe. You see them on modified Honda's and other small cars.

Old 09-17-2001 | 11:20 AM
Originally posted by CanadianSCrew
Maybe he is refering to the fart cans that rice burners use. They are an echo chamber you add to the end of your tailpipe. You see them on modified Honda's and other small cars.
tahts what i was thinking too. theyre also called resonator tips. all it is is an exhaust tip with resonators that give the exhaust a little deeper sound. ive seen v6 mustangs around here with them. i wouldnt get that if i was you. it sounds kinda crappy (not like a truck) and it looks kinda stupid on a pick-up. if youre looking for sound go to your local exhaust shop and tell them what you want and ask them to give you a quote. good luck!

Quick Reply: Echo Cans?????