Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001 | 10:38 AM
|
Dual Exhaust

I have a 1999 F150 5.4L and am looking to install a new dual exhaust. I was looking for suggestions of what would give me a good throaty growl from the new pipes. I want something that is not too loud but more of a good low pitched rumble.

Old 11-27-2001 | 04:42 PM
Cool J.Roy-

Welcome !!

With the multi-cat setup these trucks have, you have to get a very loud muffler to get much sound out. There are tons of threads here on every exhaust setup available that you can search for faster information. You will also get an overabundance of advice here due to the fact that exhaust system threads get alot of attention. The Flowmaster "regular" 40 and the Dynomax Ultra-flow are very throaty. The Borla is a bit milder. My setup is mild at an idle, as loud as you could stand on the highway/listening to music/talking, and really growls under certain loads/rpms. It's a throaty, muscle car sound and outflows any muffler that I have been able to find flow rates for by far. Some of the higher flow mufflers are: the Ultra-flow, Borla, Edelbrock, and Magnaflow; in general this is due to straight through or modified straight through design.

Old 11-28-2001 | 11:50 PM
REG. FLOWMASTER 40'S, DEFINITLEY.

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust