exhaust tips out rear of tire...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001 | 09:10 AM
|
Thumbs up exhaust tips out rear of tire...

just wondering any thoughts about having exhaust tips come out rear of tires instead of straight back..or before tires.....ive got a camper shell on my screw and dont want the fumes getting to the dog when hes back there..anybody got photos of how it looks...thanks

Old 12-06-2001 | 12:34 AM
No photos......

But all I did was have a 22" by 4" tip come angled out the back, much like on a stock system, just a bit flashier and sounds a hell of a lot better. It looks just great. I was worried it'd look goofy, but it doesn't at all.

Old 12-06-2001 | 08:08 AM
Re: exhaust tips out rear of tire...

Originally posted by keeper15
. . . anybody got photos of how it looks...thanks
Sorry, no photos . . but the ones I've seen look really good. Saw one exits out both sides, behind the rear wheels - really see alot of shine . . . !

Bob

Old 12-08-2001 | 12:21 PM
|
Thumbs up rear exit...

thanks swampview and charles f.....
i needed to hear it from someone that it could be done and not look crappy...im leaning on just replacing the stock muffler and installing a magnaflow with a nice stainless tip..heard good things about the ravin too...i will post soon my new look..

Old 12-08-2001 | 08:53 PM
Hey keeper15,

I have a 4x4 with dual exhaust exiting before the rear wheel. Doesn't look "dumb" at all and turned out much better than I thought it would.
GDG

Old 12-09-2001 | 08:09 PM
|
Wink rear exit...

godoggo...wow your supercrew is stoked...after the headers and the duals...did you feel the difference from stock...how much did this upgrade set you back...did you do the install on the headers..
and you have a lightning too..damn...you are the man to beat...

Old 12-10-2001 | 08:46 PM
keeper15,
Yes, I noticed a power increase throughout, from bottom to top, but more so at the top. I think the x-pipe helped a lot from loosing any power and torque on the low end, in fact it gained a little. No dyno numbers on the mod, just the ***-o-meter. The headers I got from Roger here on the online store, he had a Christmas special about this time last year. For the exhaust, I purchased all the parts myself from local suppliers here, except for the mandrel bent pipe. I free issued it to my mufflershop and the installed for about $200 including the mandrel pipe.

The set-up sounds great, glad I did it. It sounds better than the stock L exhaust!!
GDG

Quick Reply: exhaust tips out rear of tire...