Gibson exhaust finally in!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001 | 09:13 PM
|
Thumbs up Gibson exhaust finally in!

It was a long, tough road but after a setback or two, my truck is finally sportin' a new Gibson cat-back. I originally ordered the Dual Sport, had some problems with shipping, then had some more problems with installation and wound up getting a Swept Side system FedEx'd clear across the country from Gibson! I would have preferred things went smoothly from the beginning but stuff happens and Gibson really helped me out. Nice to see a company come through, although I was sweatin' it.

The Swept side fit like a glove, everything nice and tight and no surprises. It is a very quiet exhaust, can barerly be heard in the cab (windows up) except for initial takeoff and when stomping on it. Exhaust tone is totally different. Nice low, rumble. It's so quiet that unless you're standing outside the truck or stomping on it, it is really hard to tell its not the stocker.

Performance seems to have been increased. I can tell a difference during initial acceleration when climbing up to freeway speed on an entrance ramp. Pulls harder, strains less during acceleration. I don't have access to a dyno but the feel is there. Not breath-taking, but there.

I have sound clips both before and after and I'll post as soon as I can get them off my laptop.

Regards,

Natty

Old 12-19-2001 | 08:27 AM
Thumbs up

Finally! Glad to hear you got it buttoned up and that Gibson did right by you. No matter how good a product is I'm really ticked off if the service is poor. I suspect most others feel the same way.

Good luck and enjoy your new catback.

Old 12-19-2001 | 08:41 AM
good choice on the Gibson.. I've been extremely happy with mine..

let us know when you get the sound clips set up..

Old 12-20-2001 | 08:08 PM
Thumbs up It'll get a "tad" louder

with age. Mine has been on for about eight months now, and it seems to have a bit more "rumble" to it. The real difference is at the pipe.

My wife drove the truck and I was standing in the driveway when she took off. It really sounded good from the outside. Inside, with the radio off, it's still very quiet, but has a nice tone to it. Just like I wanted. Much better then stock! And that 3.5" chrome tip looks killer!

Old 12-20-2001 | 11:51 PM
Thumbs up Congrats!

I'm glad to read that you've got it installed and are happy with it! As I stated to you before, I'm thoroughly pleased with mine as well and still love the sound and the performance. It looks like yours has the same properties that mine does - it IS quiet, but there's a nice change in tone and attitude when you put your foot into it.

Old 12-21-2001 | 10:40 AM
|
MitchF150

Hey Mitch....that is the best looking blue I've ever seen on a vehicle. Wow, real nice color!

Natty

Old 12-21-2001 | 02:23 PM
Thumbs up Re: MitchF150

Originally posted by NattyBumppo
Hey Mitch....that is the best looking blue I've ever seen on a vehicle. Wow, real nice color!

Natty
Thanks man! That's what sold me on the rig. Saw it on the lot and just had to have it!

It might as well be black, as far as keeping it clean!! It shows every speck of dust and dirt. But still love it!

Old 12-30-2001 | 12:31 AM
NattyBumppo

Congrat's on the Gibson. I love the Swept Side!! Like what Mitch150 already said, the sound will "loosen up" a little with time. Seems like by about 3-4 months I could tell a difference. The sound is even better!!

Quick Reply: Gibson exhaust finally in!