vibrating gibson

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MegaMax,

Good picture.....This piece doesn't look very hard to make up....weigh the original and weld one up, sure don't look like $53.00.....

Old 01-18-2002, 02:50 PM
rattling

Well...I still have the vibration and Meineke doesn't know why. Now I have developed a rattle. It only rattles when the rpms are at about 800(usually when I'm stopping) and it only lasts for a second or 2. Nothing seems loose and nothing seems to be hitting anywhere. I have no idea where this is coming from. The meineke guy said to take it to the dealer and have them look at it cuz they don't know what's causing it.

I did get very noticeable power gains from the gibson sweptside but I will never buy another one because of this crap.

Old 01-18-2002, 02:57 PM
I had a similar problem once with a car. I looked for things that would rattle for months but no one could tell me what it was.

One day I was at Meineke and the guy pointed to a rib in the muffler and said it was caused by a backfire at some point. I hit it with my fist and there it was. Something inside the muffler was loose and would vibrate when I hit it with my fist.

Quick Reply: vibrating gibson