Exhaust decisions....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001 | 04:42 PM
|
Exclamation Exhaust decisions....

wudup guys....i have now narrowed my decision down to two different mufflers...

1. Flowmaster 40series
2. DynoMax Ultraflow Oval

some of my friends said that the "Flow was the way to go"....but this one guy that has a little more experience says that "if i get the DynoMax, then i will have the loudest truck in the parking lot"... i need u guys to back either of my friends on this issue....
thanx
J.P.

Old 12-29-2001 | 07:45 PM
We to had it narrowed down to the flowmaster 40 series and dynomax. Before the muffler shop installed the exhaust system we got them to hold up each muffler to the outlet pipe to get an idea what they would sound like. The dynomax may have sounded a little deeper but not much if any. We went FM 40 because we felt it is a better product and will be more durable. Now that it is installed, it sounds awesome. I see you are from Houston.

Last edited by threeforks; 12-29-2001 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2001 | 09:32 PM
J.P.-

Neither one of these will make your truck extremely loud; the multi-cat setup quiets things down substantially. These 2 mufflers are designed completely different. They are both relatively loud, sound great, but are not overly loud. On my truck, the Ultra-flow sounds mild at idle, rumbles about as loud not to annoy on the highway, but it really growls under certain RPMs/loads. It's a guaranteed throaty, muscle car, here you coming sound.

Old 01-03-2002 | 01:34 PM
Max Mitchell: do you have any pics of your truck you could email me. The address is Chaosrealm1@aol.com Thanks

Quick Reply: Exhaust decisions....