Best system for towing??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002 | 07:30 PM
|
Best system for towing??

What's the best exhaust for towing? I'm looking for a quiet system that will free up the most power. Quiet is a MUST. I will be pulling a 7,000lb boat. Also, how about an air intake system also. I only have about $500 to spend on the whole deal. Any Ideas?? The motor is the 5.4 triton.

Old 01-02-2002 | 07:45 PM
Talking Welcome......

Whether it's "the best", that's all opinion, but I really like the Gibson Swept Side system on my rig. It's quiet, but has a really nice tone to let you know it's not stock. It uses a 3" mandrel bent tail pipe and exits behind the passenger rear tire.

According to Gibson's web site, it's the "best" system if you tow. I have only hauled heavy stuff in the bed since I got mine, and really didn't do any hauling before the exhaust change to compare to, but I have added some taller tires and the power still "feels" the same or even better then before. Even loaded down.

It ran me about $300 bucks out the door for the system. Supposed to be able to install yourself, but I just didn't want to mess with it and took it to a shop to install. They were able to cut out the old, WELD in the new in about 1/2 hour.

Quick Reply: Best system for towing??