V10 Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002 | 07:11 PM
|
V10 Headers?

anyone make a set??

Old 01-08-2002 | 05:23 AM
YES!! AND THEY WORK GREAT!!!!

Banks and Borla make headers with a replacement Y pipe. Gibson and JBA make manifold replacement only. I haven't heard of anyone using the JBA's or Gibsons. Plenty of folks have used the Banks and Borla.

Banks makes a kit, Power Pack. It includes headers, y pipe, K&N type filter and new & larger intake housing, 3 1/2" cat-back kit and hardware. This is probabally the top of the line system. Expect to pay $1400 and up. You can also buy the parts seperate.

Borla sells it's parts seperate. Borla includes the headers, y pipe and hardware. Priced at about $550 and up. Add a Borla cat-back($400) and a K&N ($45) and you'd have close to a Banks system for a little less.

Gibson and JBA are the headers only plus hardware and sell for $580 or so with the JBA's being more.

Search here in the Superduty fourm and over at www.ford-diesel.com in the gas section for "borla headers", "Banks" or "headers" There has been plenty of discussion. You may want to look at www.truckperformance.com for what fits your truck.

I've had the Borlas for a while now and love it. I would do it again in a second! Have any questions just ask!

Old 01-27-2002 | 11:54 PM
how did they change the sound, I bet they sound great.

Old 01-28-2002 | 07:07 AM
Because you have 10 thin wall tubs instead of thick cast iron you do hear some rumble. Not bad. Not loud at all. Really to change the sound you'd need to replace the muffler with what ever you like. No V8 rumble tho.. more like a roar.

Quick Reply: V10 Headers?