Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Magnaflow

Well, I had the magnaflow muffler install today. Install and muffler cost only $75.00. I had a flowmaster on my other truck and I liked it but it did cause some noise in the cab. This muffler is not as load as the Flow. I will tell you that it sure sounds good!!!!! What I realy like is that you can see in one side and out the other.

Old 01-09-2002, 08:22 PM
A friend of mine had one put on his 01 L today and I was there--I wanted to hear it. His was a 14468(I think) and cost more than yours--2 in-2-out pipes. Wasn't much, if any, louder than the stock one at idle up to 1500 rpms. Didn't get to hear it at WOT yet. Very nice stainless steel piece.

Dan

Old 01-10-2002, 07:53 AM
Magnaflow

I found a muffler shop that had week or so old mufflers ( you know the ones people buy than after a few days think it to loud or not loud enough )so this guy gives you a week to try it out. The one I got was like new, you could tell it was not on for more than a few days.
Anyway, If you are looking for a good deal on a muffler try to find a shop like this in your area and you can save some money.
The one that I got was a 3inch SI/SO. I do not know the number.
LIGHTNINROD, could you see through the muffler? I could on mine.

Old 01-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Yep, I think you can see thru all the Magnaflows..........

Dan

Old 01-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey guys,
I am the one who got the Magnaflow installed yesterday.
Like Dan said, at idle and while revving in park, it is only a little louder than stock. But believe me, when you put the hammer down this baby talks! It's not obnoxious, but it is pretty loud. I haven't heard it from outside the truck yet, but maybe this weekend I can twist somebody's arm and make them get on the gas while I listen!

Anyway, I like the sound but have some concerns about a loss of torque. Maybe it's my imagination, but check out my other thread.

Sammy

Old 01-10-2002, 09:24 PM
ive got the magnaflow with a y pipe on my navigator.it sounds great.

i have a sound clip if anyone wants to hear it.

just email me at 00gator@midsouth.rr.com

Old 01-10-2002, 09:40 PM
Hey for you guys that just got the Magnaflow, I'm trying to decide if that's what I want to put on my screw or not. I'm thinking DI/DO with X pipe.

My main concern is the sound. I don't want a loud system. I have to drive 45 minutes to work everyday then 45 minutes home. I'd rather listen to the radio than the exhaust. If it talks a little under throttle, that's ok.

What's your take on the sound level? A little loud for my application, or just right?

Thanks, guys.

Old 01-10-2002, 11:32 PM
that is the problem i had with my flowmasters on my other truck.

the magnaflows have a sweet sound to them.

they sound great.

Old 01-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Just right

Screwed In NC

Well I also had a flowmaster and it was nice but you could hear it in the cab and after some time it gets old. This Magnaflow is just what you need. I am in my truck all day and you can just hear it. That means you can hear the radio, But when you put the gas to it it will talk.

I hope this helps.

Old 01-11-2002, 11:35 PM
steven1642, can we hook up so I can hear your gator? I live in Southaven, work in Memphis so we are really close neighbors. I have been thinking about putting the magnaflow on my Expy. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2002, 11:42 PM
Steven1642, white2001

Thanks guys.

I think Magnaflow me be the ticket for me.

Old 01-13-2002, 01:37 AM
GREG MC

i would love to let you hear it.
it gonna be hard though.

im starting back at the UofM this monday, but i do go to Sardis,MS every weekend.

i work for my grandparents down there.
they own a restaurant, holiday lodge, right on sardis lake at teckville landing.

dont know if you ever go fishing or anything down there. its pretty close to you.

we are having a lunch thing going on saturday the 26th.....

we are serving stew and people are brining out boats to put trees out in the lake for the fish so they can spawn this spring.

anyone who wants to come is invited.

if you get on I55 and head south you will pass the senatobia exit and your next exit will be COMO.

get off and turn left.you will go that way for 19 miles till you come to a store, lakeside market, when you get there turn left and just as you make the turn left there will be a volunteer fire dept. right across from the lakeside market.

you will keep going for 2 miles till you see us. you have to turn right to get in our parking lot or else you will run into the lake.

if you would like to hear it sooner let me know. i should be down there this weekend as well.

i work there just on weekends but i work for my dad 5 days a week after my classes but hopefully ill get some of my bills paid down so i dont have to work for him anymore.

Old 01-13-2002, 01:30 PM
steven1642, UofM? Is that University of Memphis or University of Mississippi. Hopefully it is Mississippi. I am an Ole Miss alum. graduated in '83. Probably close to when you were born Maybe I can hear it in then next couple of months. I want to add the Magnaflow and Superchip to my Expy before racing season get going. I run (actually my 16 yr old son, i've turned the seat over to him) a Super Comp dragster at Memphis Motorsports weekly. Pull the set up with my Expy, looking for a little more power to tow the load. See ya.

Old 01-13-2002, 06:07 PM
i almost went to Ole Miss but i decided to go to University of Memphis so i could help my dad out at his office.

he's had some problems out in his warehouse and needed me to help him so i am getting my business degree and Tiger High.

My dad wants me to stay and work for him forever and my grandparents want me to take over their restaurant when i graduate and since there is more money in the restaurant i think i am going to have to lean that way.

just whenever you want to hear the exhaust let me know.

my email is

00gator@midsouth.rr.com

Old 01-17-2002, 12:03 PM
I have the DI/DO Magnaflow 14468 on my Screw HD. It is sweet. True duals and great sound. From outside when someone else drove it, taking off, just the right sound. Doesn't get obnoxious in the cab either.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow