headers question:heat tape vs jet hot

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002 | 12:12 PM
|
headers question:heat tape vs jet hot

is there a big diffrence between the two (beside price jeez jet hot coating is expensive)

I am leaning twards heat tape just because the price alone for jet hot coating is the same as the headers cost

Old 01-14-2002 | 12:24 PM
heat tape is to insulate and trap in the extra heat that the headers release in order to keep the temp under the hood a little cooler. jet hot coating is a special coating on the headers that will prevent them from rusting. teh coating gives the headers a shiny polished look, and the coating will not fade (unlike chrome headers which 90% of the time lose its chrome after a couple of months). everyone i know will tell you that if you can afford it, go for the jet hot coating. in most cases its guaranteed for life against rust. theres a reason why the jet hot is so much more than the tape . hope this helps, good luck!

Old 01-15-2002 | 06:07 PM
The Jet-Hot or Silver Ceramic coatings will also reduce under-hood temps by a significant amount... You would not have to wrap them with header wrap. I have the Silver Ceramic coating on my JBAs and I'm happy with it. I have heard that Jet-Hot is a bit more effective at keeping heat within the headers but I don't have proof of that one way or another.

Quick Reply: headers question:heat tape vs jet hot