Exhaust question?? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust question?? Help!!

I am currently running a SI/DO system and seem to be losing alot of low end power. My question is this:
I just purchased a new 40 series SI/DO Flowmaster, and am wondering that if I run a Y pipe at the end of the dual out side will I still lose low end? I know , I know your asking why would I buy a SI/DO muffler just to run a single tail pipe! I bought it to experiment with it, just wanted to know if anyone else had any experience with this!!

Old 01-20-2002, 03:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I probably would have some effect, hard to say exactly how much. Is there room to Y the pipes back into a single before you go over the axle, or are you planning on after?

Some small resonated tips would probably help introduce some more resistance also. Some of these can ge had for cheap, and it might be easier to do. Of course they would also change the tone. Some actually do grab quite a bit of sound. On my little 4 banger I had I finally blew out my Supertrapp that I had for years. I stuck a resonated tip on the end until I sold it. It was throaty, but much less raspy than a straight pipe.

As a real inexpensive test, see if you could cap one of the outlets on the muffler. Even if the tailpipes are welded together you could probably move everything a couple of inches. Put an extention on the used outlet and leave room to cap the other.

Quick Reply: Exhaust question?? Help!!