Force 2 vs. American Thunder

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Force 2 vs. American Thunder

I'm debating what to install in my 2000 5.4L f-150. I've been looking around here and went to flowmasters forum. A couple guys said the force 2 is barely louder than stock. Would the American Thunder be too much, I want a good throaty sound. What do you think, is there a site where you can listen to different pipes, I did here 1 on Gibson. ( Although lately it sounds like there installations leave a little to be desired) Thanks

Old 01-29-2002, 11:57 PM
If you are looking for volume, forget the Gibson Sweptside or Dual Sport. Don't know about the other two Gibson models but I've heard the Super Truck is a nice sounding exhaust.

I've got a Gibson Sweptside in my '01 4.6 ltr and while the small torque and performance boost is nice (keyword is small) the sound is really unimpressive. If I could call it a do-over I would be looking at Bassani, Flowmaster or custom bent pipes with a Ravin muffler (the latter being the least expensive option).

Good luck...let us know what you get.

Natty

Old 02-02-2002, 10:45 AM
I think right at the Flowmaster site you can listen to different systems. But its mostly Camero and Mustang sounds. I have listened to them before (moons ago).

IMO the American Thunder will be good if you keep the cats.

Try this http://horsepowergarage.itgo.com/flowmaster.html

Last edited by inski21; 02-02-2002 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Force 2 vs. American Thunder