Need exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need exhaust help

I have a 95 F150 with a 5.0L 302 V8
Every muffler shop I went to said that I couldn't ge ta true duel system They said that they coulf put a Flowmaster 40 series with SI/DO (with turndowns or with pipes all the way to the back) I could also get magnaflow or raven mufflers. He said the ravens gave more power than either of the other two and the other two were more xpensive so I believed him. What muffler do yall believe i should get and should i get turndowns or have the pipes run all the way out? I want the most low end performance i can get with a decent amount of high end. Thanx for the help.

Old 01-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Thumbs up Flow.....

Both Flowmaster and Raven are both high flow mufflers, to keep your low end with the size of engine you're running I would run 2.25 on both sides. I am also convinced that the x pipe is the way to go, it will give equal flow to either side of the engine and a great sound. As far as the tips it is your personal choice!!! I like the looks of 3 or 3.5 tips exiting one on each side behind the rear tires, in stead of the exit under threar that everyone is running. The 2.25 inch pipes would give you flow with some back pressure for the lowend torque you want, the X pipe will give equal flow for your high end flow. Hope my 2 cents helps!!! Good luck.

Old 01-29-2002, 09:55 PM
are you talkin about putting the x pipe for o say the 3 feet that the 2 tubes will actually run from the muffler to the back of the truck i have SI/DO

Quick Reply: Need exhaust help