SI/DO Catback or True Duals ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002 | 11:38 PM
|
Question SI/DO Catback or True Duals ???

I have decided that my first performance modification is going to be the exhaust. I have settled and decided to go with the Dynomax Ultra flows. However, I am unsure with what type of setup I want to go with, because I don't know the difference in performance gains either will offer. What type of benefits will a SI/DO setup will give me. In comparisonn to installing True Dual DynoMax Ultraflows with an "X" pipe?

I really have no experience with this and would like your advice. I can't really say what I am looking for as far as performance, because it would vary depending on how much or how little performance gain either of those two setups will offer. Obviously, quicker acceleration, Midrange power, great sound, and MPG improvements. I know I can't have it all, but I want the best of either of the two setups...

What will each of these setups offer?

Lastly, I am planning on adding a set of the DynoMax Ceramic Coated Headers to boot. Is this worth it?

Thanks for your suggestions and advice.

Old 02-01-2002 | 06:08 PM
I put a SI/DO exhaust on my new F-150 pick-up. I noticed that it sounds way better than stock. And it gave it a few more horsepower. I may have lost a little on the low end, but I got it back through the mid/upper rpm range. You will lose low-end torque with a dual exhaust vs. a single. Especially with true duals. If you go this route, then you will need to put an H-pipe or X-pipe on it to keep your low-end torque. But, you will lose less low-end power if you go with a SI/DO set-up. And stay with 2-1/4" to 2-1/2" pipes out the back. Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-01-2002 | 06:18 PM
i have true duels with magnaflows and no x-pipe or h pipe exhaust shop that deals all of fla and ga said that is a waist of money and most of all still no proof of gain from it you can say all you want when you want to sell something

Quick Reply: SI/DO Catback or True Duals ???