So many choices...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002 | 10:15 PM
|
Question So many choices...

Can someone please help me decide on what exhaust would be best for my ride. I have a 2001 4x4 Extended Cab Flairside w/ a 5.4L engine. I am trying to decide on an exhaust but I am not sure what to go with. I want something that sounds POWERFUL but I don't want to lose power on the bottom end. I have read a lot of the other threads but I am now more unsure than ever.

Old 02-10-2002 | 10:44 PM
I'd use Flowmaster no matter what!
JJ

Old 02-10-2002 | 10:46 PM
I've heard that the Gibson Sweptside is the best cat-back system for low-end torque and overall horsepower gains. It's not much louder than stock though. But it is worth it's weight in gold performancewise.

Old 02-10-2002 | 10:55 PM
like wolverine said, the gibson is better for performance, but the flowmasters sound better. I personally chose the flowmaster SIDO 50 series, becouse it was a little quiter but still had the sound I wanted. I went with the exit in front of the tire and really like it, you dont see it that much. Anyway, as far as exhausts, I would choice what sound you want, and not go with performance, (you dont hear performance, but you hear exhaust). And remember, go with what you want, not what I or anyone else wants or wanted. Goodluck, and have fun

Quick Reply: So many choices...