Exhaust Question - Which One To Choose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 10:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Exhaust Question - Which One To Choose?

Okay guys...

I'm basically stupid when it comes to exhaust systems however, I know they can improve performance and sound GOOD! I'm looking for a good system to put on my SuperCrew King Ranch. I'm looking for a little rumble.. (not super loud). I need some suggestions and some experiences with certain brands/models. I know GIBSON used to be the name in exhaust however, there are oodles of brands on the market. Any insight? THANKS!

Old 03-08-2002, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go true duals with a Magnaflow 14486 DI/DDO with integral X pipe. All stainless, guaranteed for life. Sounds great. Magnaflow is very popular with the Lightning guys.

Old 03-08-2002, 07:50 PM
go with the loud one, whatever it may be.

Old 03-17-2002, 09:09 AM
What's the best aftermarket exhaust for a F-150?

What's the best aftermarket exhaust for a F-150?
That's the simple question...any one have a simple answer?

Thanks,
Frank III
Blue1989TSi
Black2000XLT

Old 03-17-2002, 09:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Black2000XLT:

You might as well ask what the best religion is!! It's all speculative...... What is the best for one is the worst for another. All you can do is decide what your priorities are and go from there. Do you have to have duals? Does it have to wake the neighbors? Does it have to keep low end power? Does it need to have high end power? And on and on......

Basically, there is a system out there for every want and need. What do YOU want and what do YOU need?

I like mine, but that does not mean it'll work for you. As you read more posts on the subject, you'll find what other's are using and saying about them and decide from there. If there was "The Best" exhaust for an F150, everyone would have it!!

Good Luck and happy trucking!

Old 03-18-2002, 08:40 PM
Thumbs up

MAGNAFLOW all the way! Just installed complete system Satarday.Read my thread MAGNAFLOW/Sweet sound ,Tons o'Power

Old 03-24-2002, 03:43 AM
I put a Bassani stainless steel si/so cat-back on my '01 5.4. with Superchip and WMS intake. At idle you can't hardly hear it even with windows down. Under load it does growl a bit but at 40 mph cruise with windows down you can hold a conversation(even with someone else) no problem. Somewhat louder than stock at say 70 mph, but not a lot. No droning or resonance. Engine winds more freely now.

I picked up a nice increase in bottom end torque and noticeably better gas mileage. On mine it made as much gain as the Superchip. Improved throttle response.

I know picking an exhaust can be like picking a woman. In the end it helps if you find one you can live with. For me I do a lot of short trip city driving on salted winter roads so I went stainless.

Also needed/wanted low end torque for 5,000# boat trailer as well as stoplight to stoplight. I picked a 3" single for that. Stock exit helps keep it quiet.

As far as brands look around. I'm VERY happy with mine but that doesn't mean you'll be. It's very possible I would also like a similar Borla or other stainless systems.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question - Which One To Choose?