MagnaFlow vs. JBA

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002 | 11:41 AM
|
MagnaFlow vs. JBA

iron horse note to WebMaster: I should have posted this in aftermarket exhaust, but I do not know how to perform that task...Saturday morning and not enough coffee...again.

My own research had lead me to a Magnaflow catback exhaust for my 99' 4.6. Mike T. confirmed this choice as the most hp./tq. gains. Then last night I saw an internet vendor site that advertised a JBA catback exhaust (I thought they only made headers) system with a higher hp./tq. gain than the Magnaflow system. I don't want to keep bothering Mike T., he has been very helpful and I do not wish to abuse his time. Therefore, does anyone eles know which system has the higher hp/tq/ gains between the two systems? Thanks.

Also, I plan on adding headers. If I had the cash, I would put the headers and catback on at the same time. Can not, so the catback will come first. Does anyone know which headers will work best with magnaflow and JBA. I have heard that the shortie larger diameter headers can cause problems and that the narrower diameter and longer headers are better?

In other words, JBA headers and JBA Catback or _____headers and MagnaFlow catback? I don't think MagnaFlow makes headers?

Also, everyone points out that you need a x pipe connected to the headers that lead to the catalytic converter? But what about the exhaust pass the muffler? Do I want two, 21/2 inch exit pipes coming out the stock exit area or do I want the single 3 inch pipe coming out the stock exit area. I want the most hp/tq. gains and do not want to lose hp/tq.

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by iron horse; 03-09-2002 at 01:05 PM.

Quick Reply: MagnaFlow vs. JBA