Clunk/Bang?Some Noise on 2002

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002 | 01:10 PM
|
Clunk/Bang?Some Noise on 2002

I noticed the hangers are different on my 2002 Offroad than on my 99 Offroad. The 2002 has the hangers with the rubber hanger system so the exhaust can move freely around. Kind of hard to explain. Anyway, whenever I make a turn, let's say going 20 + mph, it seems like there is a mild to moderate noise from under the truck towards to back area around the bed of the truck. Is this the 2002 exhaust system maybe? At first I thought maybe a loose bolt holding the bed on or something. Very hard to explain. Any thoughts?

Old 04-07-2002 | 03:51 PM
KeithG-

Lay under the back of your truck and pull the tailpipe in all 4 directions and see if it hits anything. While you're back there, examine for any rubbing of "other" parts. Then take your foot and kick around on your spare tire. Sometimes the spare is not cranked up well or loosens as the tire pressure leaks over time. Just a few ideas; good luck !!

Old 04-07-2002 | 06:29 PM
|
Thanks max. Will do that and check it out. The exhaust hanger system on the 2002 is pretty strange if you ask me. Thanks for the tip. I was under the truck already once but just gave it a quick look and moved the exhaust and it didn't seem to touch anything but I need to examine it further and in more detail.

Old 04-07-2002 | 07:44 PM
check that spare I've a few customers come into my shop complaining about a similar nosie and I just cranked the spare back up tight. (Dahm Firestone Recall)

Quick Reply: Clunk/Bang?Some Noise on 2002