Help! Police are crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002 | 02:34 PM
Thank him for his concern

Smile, call him Sir, answer him with yes or no answers.

He will ask you why you changed your factory exhaust,
again ! Smile and politely say to him,

Suck my Dic#, Sir.

Old 09-19-2002 | 03:39 PM
haaa haa you tell 'em to suck your dic#, he'll letcha right off!!

Old 09-21-2002 | 11:23 PM
In all honesty I think when these exhaust manufactures advertise "legal in all 50 states" is a bit of false advertisement. I think what they are saying is they are "smog" legal in all 50 states rather then for noise laws.

However, what I can not for the life of me figure out is a state can say your exhaust is illegal because of "noise level" what in the hell is that about? Harleys are LOAD, plus usally sound like crap in my opinion. They are not fast, I've seen them at the drag strip and the other bikes don't open a can of woopass on them, they open a whole damn truck load of woopass on the Harleys.

To me noise is noise. If I were to get pulled over and a ticket from some moron cop who should be doing his job (pulling someone over for aftermarket exhaust is NOT doing his job) I would do as others have mentioned. Get a db reading of some harleys, then some of your exhaust. Take the readings to court and ask the judge why should you get a ticket for something that produces less noise then a harley. It's "smog" legal so it is harming nothing at all. It's not making anyone go deaf. If it is because of possible hearing loss of the public then why are harleys and there load crappy noise useless piece of crap allowed on the road?

Sorry about being down on harleys, but less face it they are pretty useless and they don't run well. I mean what is with always reving them at a stop? I guess you have to in order to keep it running since they always sound like they want to die.

Quick Reply: Help! Police are crazy!