Muffler/exhaust help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002 | 06:38 PM
|
Muffler/exhaust help needed

The Gibson muffler on my Expedition just broke at the outlet and needs replacing.

I had the original Gibson 3" pipe removed and replaced with 2.5" pipe because my allergic-to-everything stopped up head found the 3" pipe had too much resonance in the Expy cab (my friends liked it better than my head did).

Midas of course recommends their Ravin muffler. Several places here in San Antonio carry Magnaflow. Or I could try Gibson again since I had sinus surgery since my first go around.

I'd like to have good performance but if it's too loud inside I know it will wear me out (I know I'm asking a lot). The Gibson w/ the 2.5 pipe had been working well for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-23-2002 | 11:58 PM
Hi Tuchy,

Sorry about the alergic thang and I know it's gotta suck to have that, hope you feel better

I hear that Magnaflow are really good mufflers and don't resonate inside the cab as much as Flowmaster does or Gibson. Reason I hear this is because chambered mufflers tend to have a tendency to resonate alittle inside the cab rather than unchamberred mufflers, like Magnaflow. I'm not sure about this, that cahmbered mufflers resonate more than unchambered mufflers so don't quote me or anyting on that However, I love the Magnaflow because I heard one tonight on my cousin's 88 F-150. I have also heard them on Ricers (blah) and v8 powwaaa!!!!! This is my .02

Old 09-24-2002 | 12:06 AM
|
I am leaning towards Magnaflow or Ravin, but I am trying to get more info. I spent a lot of money a few years ago trying to get the sound right and I am trying not to repeat this. I've been reading lots of old posts.

Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Muffler/exhaust help needed