Anyone running Borla mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002 | 12:51 PM
|
Anyone running Borla mufflers?

Anyone running Borla? How about with a 5.4L? Are you happy with them? Did you get just the mufflers and keep the stock exit or was it cat back system? Also if it just the mufflers which are they as I beleive they have two different lines that fit the F-150. Oh yeah, and cost?

I'm looking to get Borlas but want to keep the stock exit and tips. I have a 2001 HD.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Old 09-24-2002 | 01:23 PM
In response to your email ROB-

I never did get the Borla muffler or any other muffler. I am still stock. However, if I do decide to get a muffler I will most likely go with a Delta Flow 50 series welded into my stock pipes. Let me know what you decide to go with. If only I could hear someone with a setup like I described, I would do it sooner.

Old 09-24-2002 | 03:52 PM
Originally posted by 02XLT
In response to your email ROB-

I never did get the Borla muffler or any other muffler. I am still stock. However, if I do decide to get a muffler I will most likely go with a Delta Flow 50 series welded into my stock pipes. Let me know what you decide to go with. If only I could hear someone with a setup like I described, I would do it sooner.
I can't speak for the Borla...but I do have a setup like the one described above. Keep in mind I'm in a 2002 F-250 Superduty...which has one big cat instead of 4 smaller ones....but I have the 50 Series (not Delta Flow) on my truck and I'm about to change it out for a full cat-back Flowmaster 40 Series with tips. It may sound different on your truck with the different cat configuration, but for me the 50 Series just isn't loud enough. It sounds good at idle and when you rev the engine, but when you get on it under acceleration it kind of sounds sick...and you don't hardly hear it at all at highway speeds.

Old 09-24-2002 | 05:12 PM
The sound you described is exactly what I wanted except not that "sickly" sound you described.

Old 09-24-2002 | 05:44 PM
Thumbs up New Borla Exhaust

I just installed a Borla cat-back exhaust on my 4.6L F150 two weekends ago. It's a SI/DO with 4" angle-cut, rolled edge tips out the rear. The system was excellent quality (should be for $575 including shipping from Summit Racing) and the install went smoothly after cutting off the stock exhaust. The sound is awesome, even on a 4.6L. I didn't turn the radio on the rest of the weekend just so I could listen to myself go down the road. The Summit website showed the wrong tips so they gave me $50 off the cost of the kit. I'm much happier with the tips I got anyway. I had to drill a hole in the frame on each side to attach the rear hangers, but outside of that everything went just fine. So, one vote for Borla.

Later, Pnballdoc1

Old 09-25-2002 | 11:16 AM
Borla

I installed a Borla cat-back about three months ago. The sound and quality is great. I wouldn't go any other way. If I ever have to get a different vehicle, I will put a Borla system on that. 2 votes!

Old 09-25-2002 | 12:25 PM
So what is the muffler name and part number if you just want to weld it into the stock pipes?

Quick Reply: Anyone running Borla mufflers?