Magnaflow #12579

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002 | 10:32 AM
|
Thumbs up Magnaflow #12579

I installed a Magnaflow on my '01 Screw this weekend and wanted to post a recommendation for this muffler. I did the muffler only change and used #12579. This is the Truck/SUV muffler 22" long body 3" Center In/Center Out. IF you are looking for a muffler that is quiet in side the truck but puts the sound at the tail pipe, you may want to consider this one!. While driving it sounds a little above stock (inside), with no interior resonance at any speed. From the outside at idle, it is pretty quiet at idle but has a nice low mellow sound while driving. This one will not be for everyone, if you want to REALLY hear your exhaust, make another choice.

Performance, I give it a big thumbs up. No loss of lowend and I actually think it has gained performance. My Screw is a 4X4 with a 5.4 and 3.55 gears but the truck seems to pull stronger immediately after a gear change under normal driving conditions. I thought the center in/center out was a straight through muffler, like a glass pak; WRONG! The center in has a deflector that channels the exhaust to 2 straight through chambers on each side of muffler case (5X11 box) then it comes back together at the exit. I choose this muffler because I did not want to loose any torque since I tow 7200 lbs during race season. My first impression is that this will be a good choice, I'll know 100% in three weeks when I put the trailer behind it again. Will update then.

Old 10-14-2002 | 10:56 AM
Great Post!

I have been thinking of this muffler. I was looking for something that I could weld up to the stock pipes and get a little sound out of. I really DON"T want to hear it when I'm doing 70mph on the highway. Thanks again and I look forward to any follow ups.

PS: About how much did the muffler cost you?

-Brian

Old 10-14-2002 | 11:19 AM
|
At 70-75 mph this morning I couldn't hardly tell it was there. I had it mounted as far back as possible to help eliminate interior resonance. Got my installed for $130.

Old 10-14-2002 | 11:49 AM
Not bad at all man. Yea I have wondered if the muffler would be louder since I am a regular cab and the muffler sits right under my passenger side. I really just want a little V8 rumble at idle and a little sounds around town, but not really loud. I think I want it soo quiet I probably would be better off staying stock.

-Brian

Quick Reply: Magnaflow #12579