Borla Pictures Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla Pictures Please

I am ready to buy a Borla system. But I am not sure I like the tips on some. Does anyone have any pictures of an install. I am interested in the split side (dual round tips behind the rear tire) or the dual square tips in front of the rear tire. Thanks for any help.

Old 10-22-2002, 10:33 PM
If you put tips in front of rear tire, your wheels will turn green from exhaust soot. If you put them behind rear tires, road debree will chip them and theyll always be dirty. Either angle them at 45 degrees or run them straight out under the rear bumper-thats what i did and i love it

Old 10-24-2002, 11:46 AM
Here are some pics in my gallery. The hardest part of the install was removing the old muffler. Need plenty of heat.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=1142

Old 10-24-2002, 01:11 PM
if you keep your wheels clean, no problems will occur with the exhaust in front of the tire.

Old 10-26-2002, 08:17 AM
Likewise I'm also considering getting another Borla cat-back system for my new truck but their web site leaves something to be desired. I even called the other day and didn't get the help I needed. Having said that I'm still leaning their way based on multiple past experience with their exhausts. I currently have a Borla exiting out the passanger side in front of tire on a '97 4.6. It has their square intercooled tips (2) and looks nice. It's top quality, sounds just right, and I've had no wheel soot issues to any significant degree. I've had it on for 60k miles. I see that Magnaflow are quite popular here and I'm looking at all options but the fact that a Borla may cost a bit more doesn't matter too much. After all what's a couple hundred bucks extra if you're driving a $35k vehicle like many here are? I'm also considering the dual side exit model exiting behind the rear tires. I don't care for the duals straight out the back. Actually I'd like duals exiting out on both sides in front of the rear tires but not sure if that's an option with Borla. I think it looks good that way from a side view and personally like the rear view with no exhausts showing. Looks clean and balanced that way. When I spoke to Borla I was told that they also offer a Phantom and a Rolled tip but the guy had no literature to send me. Great, thank you! That's my .02 for now.

Quick Reply: Borla Pictures Please