Impressions on Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002 | 01:07 AM
Originally posted by beastie
I am okay with the amps. On the older trucks, the radiator is smaller so I will have to runb dual 14s. they only pull 10A each 15 at startup.

Oh and my stero doesnt pull much more than 8A
That sounds good on the dual 14s. I have the dual 16s and did not even think about your truck having a smaller radiator. That works out good in your case.

Now for the stereo amp draw....I am a bit disapointed. I thought that to have a system that would make your truck jump up and down with the beat of the music and cause cracks in the windows of cars around you, it would take at least 40 amps minimum...LOL.

Rocks

Old 11-06-2002 | 02:24 PM
WLF
|
I am going to put this here as well since it came up in some of the other posts.

When I did my exhaust I could have easily removed the stock Y pipe and gone with the DI/DO exhaust. Money was not an issue.
What worried me was I would loose too much torque.
I know people talk about backpressure, but more important (or perhaps the same thing) is the velocity of the gasses within the exhaust (speed at which the gasses move). Exhaust gasses moving faster produce more torque (to a point). Exhaust gasses moving slower-less torque. The factory Y pipe on my truck is really not engineered bad. The driver’s side enters at a 45-degree angle to the passenger. Both merge into a single 2 1/2 inch pipe, which keeps the speed of the gasses up. If you cut the exhaust in half before the Y pipe (true duels), there will only be half as much gas in the same size pipe so the speed of the gas is reduced, thus LESS TORQUE. With the 4.6L engine, I just don't think the engine puts out enough exhaust to keep the velocity up with true duels.
(My opinion, but opinions are like a$$ho!es)
If I had a 5.4L that is really opened up with ported heads, intake, MAF and headers, then I may have considered true duels. I think it would definitely benefit supercharged motors.

The Magnaflows flow without restriction, which helps with top end. By keeping the stock pipe in front of the muffler, I think I achieved the best of both worlds for my engine.

Quick Reply: Impressions on Magnaflow