Cherry Bomb True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002 | 11:31 AM
|
Question Cherry Bomb True Duals

Ive got a full boar catback (SIDO) and it sounds great but its just not loud enough. I was wondering if cutting the Y-pipe, running 2.5 inch pipe into dual 10 inch cherry bombs, and 2.5" all the way out under the rear bumper with 4" chrome tips would sound any good. Im wondering if the stock cats would limit my sound or make it better?
Any one know? Or know how much this might cost?

Thanks
-Patrick

Old 12-02-2002 | 07:13 PM
I dont know about cherry bombs, but on my 97 I love the sound of true duals right off my headers into two 40 series Flowmasters. I dumped mine right in front of the rear axle. I love the sound and have been told by many different people that the setup sounds great. I still have my cats also.

Old 12-03-2002 | 08:44 AM
|
im just wondering how loud this would really be. If anyone has sounds of this or something similar id liike to hear. Thanks.

Old 12-03-2002 | 09:57 PM
I have a 97 also. I have true duals from the front to the back. I also have headers and my cats. The only difference between mine & Mickey_shouse's is that I lost my 40's and ran straight pipes from each cat. out the back. Has a nice deep tone under regular driving but get on the gas and she'll open up her lungs!

Old 12-04-2002 | 02:54 PM
|
i have a full-boar catback and it sounds great! but i want more sound. What if i had a piece of pipe welded in place of the muffler? How loud would it be? I have stock cats and stock Y pipe, but dual pipes out the back.
Also how much did it cost to have true duals (2.5") strait pipes run all the way out the back? Would this hurt my valves any? Any low end torque loss?

Old 12-04-2002 | 07:52 PM
If you weld a straight pipe in the place of your muffler, would that leave you with 1 exhaust pipe out the back? Just driving it's louder that a 40 series flow master but when you really get on it, the people beside you will have to hold their ears becasue it gets real loud. The sound inside the truck really isn't that bad! It cost me $170 for them to start behind the "y" pipe and come of each cat with true duals out the back. (with 2.5" pipe and 4" tips). I haven't had any trouble with my valves. They have always rattled going up a steep hill even before the exhaust. So I started running super and have had no more problems. And actually low end torque INCEASED! I could really tell a diference. But I don't know how much effect my headders have on the sound.

Old 12-05-2002 | 01:49 PM
|
so it should cost me around 170 to get true duals all the way out the back (2.5"pipe.) With the stock cats, how loud will it be. ive heard that straits can sound like a wimpy 6 cyl if done wrong i dont want this! I like a good V-8 sound!
How much different would it sound if i had the SIDO muffler removed and welded in a piece of pipe and kept the stock Y?
Diagrams: with stock Manifolds and stock cats
I I
\ <--- factory Y 3' factory pipe till the Y pipebelow
I
I
I
/\ <----Have Strait pipe with Y welded in in place of muffler
I I
I I
o o <----Dual 4 " tips

Would this sound the same/worse/better/louder/quieter than?:

I I
I I <----cut factory Y--leave stock cats
I I
I I <----2.5" pipe straights no muffler(s)
I I
I I
I I
o o <----same 4" tips

Would either of these hurt my valves??

Old 12-05-2002 | 02:41 PM
>>Diagrams: with stock Manifolds and stock cats
>>I I
>>\ <--- factory Y 3' factory pipe till the Y pipebelow
>>I
>>I
>>I
>>/\ <----Have Strait pipe with Y welded in in place of muffler
>>I I
>>I I
>>o o <----Dual 4 " tips

The one above would work but I really would swap out that factory y-pipe to something a little less restrictive... I heard that you can barely fit a 3/8" extention thru the hole-- No good

Would this sound the same/worse/better/louder/quieter than?:

>>I I
>>I I <----cut factory Y--leave stock cats
>>I I
>>I I <----2.5" pipe straights no muffler(s)
>>I I
>>I I
>>I I
>>o o <----same 4" tips

Now this one would yield more gains and sound better but I would recommend you put an h-pipe or x-pipe somewhere in there to balance out both banks of your exhaust--Would make more torque and sound better.

CC <----Cats
II
II
X or H Pipe
II
II
II
o o <--- your 4" tips

Now this would sound good!!! OK I'm jealous lol

Old 12-05-2002 | 04:27 PM
|
hmmm this thread has reallllly got my juices flowing. Im wondering if i reallly should do this or not. I like the X pipe plan i can get one from magnaflow. Im gona post another thread on straits....follow up on it!

Old 12-05-2002 | 07:06 PM
I'm sorry that I didn't mention my "x" pipe! I was impressed by the sound! Like I said it's louder than a 40 series. It's hard to really explain how it sounds but I don't think you'll be disapponited!

Quick Reply: Cherry Bomb True Duals