Expedition / Navigator

New Deck installation~~ ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New Deck installation~~ ??

Hey I thought someone might be able to help....

I ended up gettin that new deck, and I need to install it. I took out the Factory Deck, and noticed 2 harnesses, each connected to a plastic piece that plugged into the stock deck.

After looking at all of the wires, I wasn't sure which is which. I took out my stock 8" sub and amp that was w/ it, and noted the color of those wires, but then I tried to follow them up to the wires where the deck was and the colors didn't match up!! ???

I am going tommorrow to buy the wiring harness adapter, but I still have the trouble of figuring out WHICH wire was WHICH, Ie, front speakers, Left/ Right, Back speakers, Left Right. I know which wires are which ON the NEW deck, but have no clue what to do at this point.

I thought I might have it installed, but I'd like to do it myself and save the money.

I tried the installdoctor pdf but it just suggest what the stock wires might go to. None of the colors that it suggested matched up right... So, how do I figure out which is which without cutting and testing with a test bulb.. I'd like to leave the stock wires alone if at all possible.

Thanks for any help!!!

JD

Old 12-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 98 Navi, and if yours is similar to mine the vehicle has 2 amps from the factory. The one in the rear runs the sub only, there is another amp behind the dash. If you remove your climate control panel and look down and to the left you should be able to see it. Yank it out and get the aftermarket wire harness and everything should plug right in for the front and rear door speakers.

Quick Reply: New Deck installation~~ ??