Expedition / Navigator

Rust on Doors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rust on Doors?

I did a search and couldn't find any thread that talked about this problem. I was cleaning the wives '00 EB Expi. a few weeks ago and noticed that the bottoms of all four doors were rusting pretty heavily. The rust is right where the sheet metal is folded and sealed. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they new exactly what I was there for before I even told them my problem. They told me that whoever builds the doors for Ford used a non approved sealant which caused the doors to rust. The body shop also said they had seen a number of rear hatch's that were also rusting. Just curious if anybody has been through this problem. We are out of warranty, but hoping to get this covered.

Old 12-30-2002, 10:23 AM
I hope rear hatchs aren't rusting, since they're supposed to be aluminum!

Old 01-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Angry Rust on door bottoms

I noticed the rust on my doors to. Did Ford say it would be covered under their rust protection warranty?

Old 01-03-2003, 08:17 AM
PaulC- The dealer/body shop that I talked to said they had a number of customers that also had the rear lift door rusting also. They must not be aluminum?

I am still waiting to hear from Ford, but the dealer assured me that they would take care of it. I should hear something today.

Quick Reply: Rust on Doors?