Expedition / Navigator

Rmoving a grill from expy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rmoving a grill from expy!

I am going to adding a speed grill insert on my Expy, I know where all the screws are but arent there clips that hold the bottom on? If so How do I remove them is there a special tool I need?

Old 01-14-2003, 09:49 PM
I couldn't do it-

I took mine to Ford and let them install them.

You have to remove the headlights to take the grill out, at least on the Expy Sport you do..

Old 01-15-2003, 07:20 PM
Ok Bootsie, here we go. Me and my frienda are 16 and we figured it out pretty easy, and we even had to watch out for a brushquard so it was alittle scary but.
Take off black radiator cover, undo all screws connecting grille bezzel to car. Pull out the corner lights completely. Undo the one screw in the corner light "pocket"
Now you are right, there are two more clips that are hard to see, but I believe all you have to do is just force em out. Best thing to do is get a flashlight and try to get a good look at them. This should give you an idea of how there attached. Its not hard but will take some patience. On top of that Im not sure about your particular grille but I had to drill some holes throught the factory and put some self tapping scres in there. On top of that its fun. Theres also a link on fortruckworld.com called grillin up an suv and it goes through exactly how to do it on an expy. Check it out.
-Bill

Quick Reply: Rmoving a grill from expy!