Expedition / Navigator

"No boundaries" Expedition price

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"No boundaries" Expedition price

A co-worker is looking at 2001 Eddie Bauer "No Boundaries" Expedition. I never even knew there was such a thing.

It was one color (gold), 4x4, upgraded leather, 4 captains chairs. It has the 5.4L and 33,630 miles. It is sitting on the lot of a Ford dealer. They want $27,000 for it. He looked at it but has not driven it yet.

Does anyone here have one and is this a good price?

Here is a picture of it:

Old 02-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: "No boundaries" Expedition price

Originally posted by BlueFlareside
A co-worker is looking at 2001 Eddie Bauer "No Boundaries" Expedition. I never even knew there was such a thing.

It was one color (gold), 4x4, upgraded leather, 4 captains chairs. It has the 5.4L and 33,630 miles. It is sitting on the lot of a Ford dealer. They want $27,000 for it. He looked at it but has not driven it yet.

Does anyone here have one and is this a good price?

Here is a picture of it:
The no boundaries Expeditions are fairly rare. They only come in two colors, Arizona Beige (gold) and Black. Just based on what I have seen, the Arizona Beige ones are much more rare than the black ones. I have seen probally 5 black no boundaries Expeditions and only 1 Arizona Beige one. And trust me, I keep my eyes peeled for Ford trucks, if there was a no boundaries Expedition within my sight I will see it. Anyway, I think $27,000 sounds a little high (but of course it would, dealers asking price). There are a couple of things this truck has against it. First its an XLT. Even though it has the no boundaries package and probally every other available option, the fact remains that its an XLT and the Eddie Bauer trucks ALWAYS hold their value a bit better than the XLT's no matter how well the XLT is loaded. Next, it is the old body style. Now that the new '03 body style has been out for almost a year and there are beginning to be used '03's available it hurts the resale of the first pre '03 body styles ('97-'02). Of course anyone would rather had the 'new' style than the old one. Now my opinion (i know you didnt ask for it, but it might be of value). I actually perfer the pre '03 Expeditions (maybe i'm biased) and I also perfer the XLT to the Eddie Bauer trucks. Of course the EB trucks have climate control and MACH radios (not available in the XLT) but I still perfer the look of the XLT (read- dont like the brown trim of the EB). Bottom line, if he can get the truck for around $24,000 he has probally got him self a pretty fair price. That may sound low, but these things tend to lose ALOT of value the first couple of years then level out some. My truck is 2WD w/ cloth interior, but I has ever other available option on the XLT. Granted, 4WD and leather are very valuable for resale, but I would sell my truck in an instant if i could get $20,000 for it, but would realistically expect to get around $18,000 if i were to sell it my self. Sorry this was so wordy, but I hope it helps.

Old 02-24-2003, 03:49 PM
AlanM96SS,

Thanks for your insight. He said that the dealer wants $26,000 for it. I will pass along your words of wisdom.

Old 02-24-2003, 04:12 PM
We finally found it. It's a Premier Eddie Bauer, not a "No Boundaries" edition. Basically, it's a $45,000 retail Expedition for $26,000. He said it also has the rear entertainment system.

Premier Group,
Eddie Bauer $1,595 $1,356
Monochromatic Arizona Beige exterior color, second-row captain chairs, unique leather trim, power sunroof, special alloy wheels. NA w/front side airbags, rear-obstacle-detection system.

Here is the info. on the "No Boundaries" edition:
No Boundaries Group,
2WD XLT $860 $731
4WD XLT $960 $816
Captain chairs, illuminated running boards, fog lights, chrome mirrors and grille surround, color-keyed bodyside and wheel lip moldings, 275/60R17 white-letter tires (2WD), 265/70R17 white-letter tires (4WD), alloy wheels. Requires Comfort/Convenience Pkg.

Last edited by BlueFlareside; 02-24-2003 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by BlueFlareside
We finally found it. It's a Premier Eddie Bauer, not a "No Boundaries" edition. Basically, it's a $45,000 retail Expedition for $26,000. He said it also has the rear entertainment system.

Premier Group,
Eddie Bauer $1,595 $1,356
Monochromatic Arizona Beige exterior color, second-row captain chairs, unique leather trim, power sunroof, special alloy wheels. NA w/front side airbags, rear-obstacle-detection system.

Here is the info. on the "No Boundaries" edition:
No Boundaries Group,
2WD XLT $860 $731
4WD XLT $960 $816
Captain chairs, illuminated running boards, fog lights, chrome mirrors and grille surround, color-keyed bodyside and wheel lip moldings, 275/60R17 white-letter tires (2WD), 265/70R17 white-letter tires (4WD), alloy wheels. Requires Comfort/Convenience Pkg.
WOW!!!!!!!
I should have looked at the pic better and I would have realized that this is the premier EB. I actually considered trading my truck in on this exact Expedition. I liked the premier EB because the black one is all black and the Beige one is all beige (no trim, all monochrome). This truck is the EXACT one i would buy if i could do it all over again!!!! If he doesnt buy it i will!! Where are you? Anyway, I believe that $26,000 for that truck is a very fair price, if they will budge off of that price any it will be a great deal! One more thing, as i'm sure you already know, but $45,000 retail was the new sticker price, not the current market value. Again, I would say scoop this truck up, I would!

Old 02-24-2003, 10:49 PM
AlanM96SS,

I think he will probably be buying it tonight. The dealer is in Orlando.

Yes, I realize that the $45,000 is MSRP when it was new.

He did a CarFax report on it and it had one owner and was bought 6/01.

Old 02-25-2003, 10:53 AM
He bought it last night for $25,700 and he said it is sweet!!

Quick Reply: "No boundaries" Expedition price