Expedition / Navigator

Interior Lights/Keyless Entry/Egress

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interior Lights/Keyless Entry/Egress

On my '98 XLT Expedition the lights sometimes stay on longer than they should. Usually it shows a door ajar, even when we run around and check all of the doors, etc. After up to 2-3 mins, the interior lights go out, after another minute the Door Ajar warning light goes off, and the doors lock. I'm assuming it's more some sort of module, rather than an individual door switch.

Also, for the third time in as many years, the Check Engine light comes on and the diagnosis is an O2 sensor. I've replaced the sensors before, but didn't know if this is a reoccuring problem or what.

Any body else with a similar experiences?

Thanks for your help and keep on truckin'!

Old 04-15-2003, 08:14 AM
I too have the same problem that started yesteday. I did a search and the simple fix is the spray the door latch with wd-40.

Old 04-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Cool Fixed!!!

The WD40 worked great. I haven't had any trouble in the week since I used it. The old adage is still true - if it moves and ain't supposed to, use duct tape; if it doesn't move and should, use WD40!

Thanks!!!

Old 05-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Glad you got your first problem taken care of. Now for the CEL. Don't necessarily assume that it is always the O2 sensor, in fact it is rarely the O2 sensor. The best thing to do is get the code read at an Autozone and then come back on here and post the code. Onc you have the code, you can also do a search on here as a lot of codes have been discussed before. Sometimes it's just a matter of cleaning the MAF or IAC. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Check Engine Light Codes

I finally made it to AutoZone. Two codes appear: P0174 and P0171. Any ideas? Last year the dealer replaced the Mass Air Flow something or other.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Interior Lights/Keyless Entry/Egress