Expedition / Navigator

Rear mat suggestions ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear mat suggestions ??

I am looking for any suggestions/ideas for rear area mats. I would like to have something that would fold with the 3rd row seat back. That is, lay flat when the seat is down, fold (attached ?) when the seat is placed in use.

I don't need the back of the seat covered when it is in use, but don't feel like removing and replacing the mat as the seat is in and out of service.

TIA

Roger

Old 05-19-2003, 07:53 AM
I have a 97 without the 3rd seat. Maybe you can make this work for you. I went to the local farm supply store and bought a rubber bed mat for a fullsize pickup ($45.00). I cut it to fit the area behind my seats. The piece I cut off I trimmed to fit the area exposed when the back seats are folded down. The rear piece I leave in all the time and the piece to cover the back seats I leave out until I need it. Maybe you could cut the holes into the mat for the seat fit through. That way you could leave that one in all the time.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:15 PM
rogervs

"Highland" has a product called a 'floor liner' that is a plastic drop in liner(a little thicker than an 1/8 inch). No lip around the edges. It comes in three pieces, one for the cargo area and one for each side of the split rear seat that fold up when the seat is in the up position. The seat backs attach w/velcro and unfold the same as the seat when layed down flat, covering all the carpeted area. Also has punch out openings for the 3rd row seat and belts. I think it ran about $60.00 and was only avail. in black. (Highland #46175) Works great for hauling dogs.

conner

Old 06-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I understand your frustration and want to have a nice 'folding' liner or sorts but, I'm just totally sold on HUSKY LINERS...

I know that they don't fold very well but, they're EXCELLENT for keeping everything top notch and clean...

Best of luck finding something...

RP

Old 06-29-2003, 05:24 PM
have you checked with weatherguard?

Quick Reply: Rear mat suggestions ??