Expedition / Navigator

03' Expy or Tahoe Z71?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a friend got a new '03 4runner a few months back . . . the POS has been nothing but trouble! to top it off he paid way to much (as most do for toyotas) it tows worse then a celica and the rearseat is much smaller then the second row in my Expy . . . doesn't even have a 3rd row or rear HVAC . . . BTW Maxi, the 3rd row on the '03 & up Expys fold flat and don't take up cargo room at all . . . chaulk one up for the IRS.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:06 AM
If you don't need to serious offroad capability of low range, you should look at Honda Pilots. My in laws just bought one and it is very nice. 3 seats, nice leather, lots of nice features. It is a v6, but ran quite well.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Love my 03 EXPY 6 people and a 30' trailer to wisconsin dells and back no O/D on still got 9.5mpg A/c in the seats is SWEET.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Guys, guys, guys...lol I am sorry that I have upset you all in bringing out the truth that you all already know--Fords are pieces of crap. It took me finally buying one and having not only a rear seal leak problem, tire balancing problems, but 3 consecutive trips to the dealer for transmission problems to realize this. This was my first Ford purchase and my last. I hate that you all are so upset at the truth about Toyotas--that is, they outlast Fords 3:1. You all are so brain washed, and I must admit, I am guilty of it too. I believed the commercials "Ford Tough" ...yey right. Well, now I know why I never bought Fords and regret that I finally did. I hate to break the news to you all, but my next door neighbor has a toyota truck with over 500,000 miles on the original motor. So, yes, I do believe my 4Runner will last at least 400,000. Ford vehicles it seems, are only manufactured to last 3 years at best. Thats why alot of the parts and vehicles are built in Mexico--cheap labor and cheap assembly. I know you all are salty and upset because I saw the light and you all havent. But, I am sure that very soon all of you will be at some dealership looking to get rid of your Ford just as I did. The ONLY reason I bought the Ford was for the room inside. BAD mistake--and I will never make it again. I have always been a Toyota guy, and after this experience, I will never by anything but Toyota again. If you guys need help while broken down on the road, just honk for a Toyota to tow you to the closest garage. FORD-"Found On Road Dead"---

Old 08-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Funny how a question about a 3rd row seat can strike such a nerve Max. Good luck with your Toy.

Old 08-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Max, I am willing to bet your friends Toyota was not built within the last 10 years, quality across the board has taken a dump since then. I couldn't care less what you drive, but if you think your new Toy is going to go 400k without any problems your the one that has been brainwashed.

Old 08-09-2003, 12:04 AM
Question

SOOOOOOOOOOOO what Toyota dealership do you work at??????? I happen to love my 00 expy 4x4 maybe thier are more problems with the fords because there is 5 times as many of them out thier. I tow a boat to lake havasu arizona alot and all you see in the parking lot a FORDS AND CHEVYS no jap crap at all I wonder why, The japs cant make a beefy engine to tow big boy toys As far as your referance to F.O.R.D FIRST ON RACE DAY DUUUUHHHHHHH..... I hope your still waving old red white and blue and not a rising sun flag

Old 08-09-2003, 12:13 AM
ill give it to him, i think toyotas probably rank quite well compared to fords in term of engine problems and overall quality.

BUT .. . . in the end your driving a effin toyota, you might as well turn in you ***** wrapped in a paper towel cause apparently you aint using it no more.

*Gettin my rocking chair and quilt for paulimus to use*

Old 08-09-2003, 12:37 PM
LOL....you guys and gals are driving Fords that arent even assembled in the good old USA and you talk about me buying Toyota! LOL...Wow, believe me, you are the ones getting brain washed. Hey, we all work hard for our money and choose to drive the vehicles that make us happy. I just get tired of American vehicles being pieces of junk. Yes, I chose to buy Japanese--BUT, why not? I tried Ford and found out first hand why they are the number one selling truck--made cheap and cheap to buy. Of course I know that not all Ford trucks are crap, but I had a bad experience with mine and I will not allow myself to make that bad of a financial decision again. I bought the vehicle(4runner) that has the best reviews, highest resale value, and overall quality and reliabililty in its class. So, does that make me non-american. NO, it makes me smart. And for all of you buying these Fords, you need to thank Mexico just as much as I thank Japan for allowing these vehicles to be built in their country and sold here. As a military man for 8 years, I have served my country and love my country and for those of you who have never served, you have no right to sit and talk about patriotism. Hell, you all buy american and think you are patriotic. Just because you own a vehicle that has an american name doesnt make you "true americans". It makes you supporters of Mexico, Canada and who know where else. If it werent for Toyota, ALOT of Americans wouldnt even have jobs. Maybe you should tell Ford to employ some more americans instead of Mexicans who will work for cheaper labor and build cheaper vehicles. I dont need to ramble anymore because I am not saying anything you all dont already know--Toyota builds the highest quality vehicles on the road! Read the reviews, do the research. Keep on supporting Mexico and Canada, and I will keep on supporting the USA and Japan. In the long run, I will save more money and still support the AMERICAN work force. Good luck everyone. "FOUND ON ROAD DEAD"..DUHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 08-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Max,
Thank you for your service to our country.

I bought my Expy not for where it was built. I bought it because it served my needs. I am sorry you had a bad time with your Expedition (?). Good luck with you new Toyota. I am sure their is a better board for you to go to now. Frankly, the "my truck/car is better than you truck/car" is old. I could be wrong but I think this a forum for Expy and Navi owners to help each other with mods or (God forbid) fixes to problems. Good luck to you.

Old 08-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Buckeye,
Good luck to you as well! I agree that this "my truck is better than yours" is getting old. I wish you and everyone the best with whatever vehicle your choose. Indeed, we all have certain needs and wants and beliefs, and because of those needs, we purchase the vehicle best suited to those needs. Nothing against Ford in general. Just put a salty taste in my mouth after my experience with Ford. But, bottom line, anything man made, regardless of car company title, has the potential to have problems, and I just hope that we all have good luck regardless of the name on the tailgate.

Cheers

Old 08-10-2003, 06:04 PM
My friend has a 4 Runner which I believe is a 2000-2001 and he has had nothing but problems. He warned me to never buy a toyota.

Old 08-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Gasguzzle, with all do respect, anything man made can have problems. However, I would bet you millions that for every 1 4runner that has problems, there are 50 american made suvs that have more. Do the research on the web. Find out for yourself. But, regardless, good luck with whatever you drive.

Old 08-12-2003, 01:53 AM
I can't believe I wasted the last 15 minutes trying to read this thread? He made his decision over a week ago and this thread is still alive?

I'm glad you made your decision and you are happy, but the question was answered. If you want to start a Toyota vs. Ford topic, then by all means do that. But for those of us who come to this community to help a man or woman out and end up reading through all this BS... it's really an insult.

You know the MAJORITY of people on this board favors Fords... enough so that they actively discuss them on a daily basis. So to try to "convert" the Hard Core Ford guys is like trying to teach a dog to speak english... ain't gonna happen.

Let's get back to the basics. I hope we helped you in making your decision. Perhaps someone can recommend a good Forum for 4 Runner enthusiasts so he can improve their community and provide the kind of service that us Ford owners have provided to him.

Where's the soapbox smiley? cause I'm stepping down from mine.

Old 08-12-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by TheClear55
I can't believe I wasted the last 15 minutes trying to read this thread? He made his decision over a week ago and this thread is still alive?

I'm glad you made your decision and you are happy, but the question was answered. If you want to start a Toyota vs. Ford topic, then by all means do that. But for those of us who come to this community to help a man or woman out and end up reading through all this BS... it's really an insult.

You know the MAJORITY of people on this board favors Fords... enough so that they actively discuss them on a daily basis. So to try to "convert" the Hard Core Ford guys is like trying to teach a dog to speak english... ain't gonna happen.

Let's get back to the basics. I hope we helped you in making your decision. Perhaps someone can recommend a good Forum for 4 Runner enthusiasts so he can improve their community and provide the kind of service that us Ford owners have provided to him.

Where's the soapbox smiley? cause I'm stepping down from mine.
no one made you read it

Quick Reply: 03' Expy or Tahoe Z71?