Expedition / Navigator

98 Expy headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 Expy headlights

Hello All,

I am having a problem with my headlights. I had the superwhites, forgot what brand, for a while now. My right side light keeps going dim. I will replace it and it will work for a week or so and them just go dim. When I put the stock headlights back in, they did not go on and the bright light indicator on the dash was stuck on. I tried to flash the lights and nothing would happen. Running lights worked fine. Then, all of the sudden it went off and the left light works, but the right is dim. Any ideas.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:03 AM
sounds like the off brand bulbs did there best to burn your wire harness

Old 09-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Exactly what happened. Are the new Sylvania silver star bulbs any good? I read they are 55/65 watts. Any other ideas for this type of bulb, so that I don't run into the same problem.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silverstars are safe... there are oodles of folks running them in heads and in fogs (many in both heads and fogs)... You'll be fine with them.

I have them in my fogs and have had ZERO problems over the past 8-10 months that I've had them. As for the heads, I replaced my set with a HID (High Intensity Discharge) system from Sylvania... Xenarcs.

RP

Quick Reply: 98 Expy headlights