Expedition / Navigator

Attn: FamilyRide

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Attn: FamilyRide

Hi, i saw your pics(on your website) on the install for the bushing kit and hellwig rear sway bar,im about to do the same mods my self.had some questions.

from what it looks like in your pics, did u get both energy suspension kits?, front and rear bushings. It looks like you used rear bushings from ES and used them with the hellwig rear swaybar.(red bushings in the hellwig swaybar in your preinstalled pics)

Didn't the hellwig swaybar already come with its own polyuerethane bushings? or did u just want to use the rear kit from es instead of the included bushings with the hellwig swaybar? why? Or am i wrong and just looking at your front swaybar with the bushings already installed? btw, is the ride still noticealby better with both mods?

TIA, sorry for the long inquiry

Wil

Old 10-02-2003, 08:20 PM
Actually, the Helwig came with the poly bushings. The only kit I bought from ES was the front.

It's been quite a while since I installed, but the Helwig made a big difference in cornering and stability overall. I noticed a little more "crispness" with the front bushings, at least in my head I did. All I know is that my Expy is very stable even towing 7500# in wind, cross winds etc. The only time I was uneasy driving was in 30-40 MPH gusting cross winds coming back up from the Austin area. The weather was horrible and I probably would have been uneasy driving anything that day, let alone draggin my boat!

It's well worth it I think!

Old 10-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Talking

Thnx for the input, yeah im looking forward to the new ride after i install the swaybar and bushing kit. I just got some rear bilstein shocks installed today and was extremely happy with the outcome, it made such a noticeable difference in the way this big boy handles. I can't wait till i put the sway bar and bushings on, im pretty sure it's gonna be worth the money after everything is done. Hopefully the install won't be too hard. I'll get to test the whole new setup soon enough on a 1k mile round trip to canada next week, so i can't wait to see my moneys worth.

btw, sweet lookin boat u got there

Last edited by blkexpy; 10-02-2003 at 11:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Attn: FamilyRide