Expedition / Navigator

D@MN, wish I'd waited! (Pathfinder Armada)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Man, I know what you mean!!

Originally posted by Bighersh
...My wife thinks the H2 is ugly, along with the Infinity FX45...
I agree with her on the H2.... disagree with the FX45... I LOVE the FX45... (well, I liked it alot more until I saw the interior).

RP

Old 11-13-2003, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say also, the Toureg looks better than it's HP hound big sister in the Porsche badge!! It's supposed to be an awesome "crossover" SUV kind of thing. I don't think you can compare these new crossovers to real Truck/SUV's though.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Wow is this fun.

When I lived in California in the early '90's my next door neighbor was the cheif designer of Lexus' SC model that was debuting about that time. While he lived in the states, he spent a lot of time in Japan too.

I agree with Familyride, the new "crossovers" are about as capable and practical as one of those litte Barbie SUV's available at Walmart.

Old 11-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by FamilyRide
...the Toureg looks better than it's HP hound big sister in the Porsche badge!!
I can't agree more there. On paper, the Porsche is a REALLY REALLY nice machine but, physically, I just don't like it. That HUGE CHEYENNE on the rear gate just looks awful in my opinion.

Old 11-15-2003, 03:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like the toureg, but... its just too small for me. i drove a v8 one, and it was nice, very nice. quick, agile, and just awesome... but just too damn small. now the patchfinder armada, well, its just plain ugly, not as ugly as the new 4 runner, but ugly enough. and the infinity fx? well, looks like an easter egg. what the hell is that? its a new infinity

Last edited by horkn; 11-15-2003 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by horkn
...the infinity fx? well, looks like an easter egg. what the hell is that? its a new infinity
ROFL! Easter egg!!! LOL!!

All we need now is one of those 'shrink wrap' things that we can make it all varieties of pastel colors. LMAO!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Capable?? OK, enough- By show of hands!

By show of hands- I mean replies....

How many of you guys take your new, or relatively new- 30+ thousand dollar Trucks and SUV's off road. When I say off road, I don't mean the muddy trail back to aunt-jenny's farm. I mean Rock-Crawling? If you do, you guys must all be millionaires because I couldn't do it.

I trashed the hell out of Army vehicles off because I had to, and sometimes wanted to- but, not on my dime... I've got to think w/AWD on most of the cross overs, they're just as capable as the truck-based SUV's. In the stuff most of us will take them into anyway....

For true off-roading, I agree with you guys though.... But, not in my truck!!

Old 11-17-2003, 02:08 PM
I have to say I agree with BigHersh here . . . I think most SUV buyers today are looking at justifacation of their purchase in one of the following ways:

1. they 'need' a big wagon to haul the fam and/or friends on long trips

2. they 'need' a big wagon that can hual the folks and drag the boat/jet ski/motocycle trailer

3. they 'need' a foul weather capable vehical

4. they 'need' a vehical that will not be crumpled into a little ball when involed in a collision with a flaked out teenage girl attempting to drive her honda while appling make-up and talking on the phone

5. they 'need' a comfortable & competant vehical and aren't so much concerned with mpg crap

(the above 'drove' me towards the Expy)

5. they 'need' to be 'in-style' with the rest of the hip folks

6. they have a cottage just off mile post number 5 on the 'famed' Rubicon Trail and they need to beable to reach it in air conditioned comfort 13 weekends a year

Quick Reply: D@MN, wish I'd waited! (Pathfinder Armada)