Expedition / Navigator

Front end vibration...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Front end vibration...

I am having some problems. I have a 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, with about 5000 miles on it and am having some pretty severe vibrations at times. It is worse when the vehicle is cold, but almost always there. I can drive through it and then it returns at about 80 mph. I thought I would start with posting it here, because I am not to sure what is wrong. I have had the truck in and out of 2H and 4H over the past month or so. The front end vibration seems to build up and peak at around 50 MPH. You can feel it in the accelerator pedal and steering wheel and also hear it, inside the vehicle. Sometimes it will go away if I put it into 4H at this speed. It does not go away when I put it into neutral either. It is driving me crazy and of course the dealer says it is normal. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Follow-up...

The transmission like's to clunk when it downshifts under light throttle. Maybe related?

Old 11-03-2003, 01:13 PM
I am having the same problem. Ford has a TSB on it. They replaced my front steering gearbox. than helped but not enough. We did some balencing of the tires and ended up replacing two of them. I am not sure it it fixed yet on two tries at the dealer.

The only ggod news here is that they know about the issue and should step up to fix it.

Quick Reply: Front end vibration...