Expedition / Navigator

Well I did it....04

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I did it....04

Yesterday afternoon I went and bought a 2004 Expy. This will be my 4th one. (97, 99, 2000)

I've read about all the problems the 03s had at first and hope that they worked them all out. I'll let you know.

It's Aspen green E.B. about 90% loaded. (No air suspension or navigation). Does have the DVD player (I don't even own a DVD)

Rides nice around town where I test drove it but I hope it rides smooth on the highway. It was rush hour on the highway so I didn't even try to go there. I actually went faster on the side roads.

Handsome looking truck. I notice the placement of some of the controls moved around. My better half likes the heated cooled seats especially the passenger power seat.

I was afraid it wouldn't fit into an 8 foot wide garage door. The dealer and I measured from mirror tip to tip and it's 7' 10". the 2000 was 7' 8". It's going to be close. Maybe someone out there knows.

The pamflet says it WILL fit into most average garages.

I pick it up this afternoon.

I hate to part with the 2000 since it has 75600 miles on it without any repairs. I have had every maintenance thing that Ford recommends done to it and have used Mobil 1 since it was brandy new. What a vehicle. Never used the extended warranty. But the mileage was getting up there and I thought it was time since I already took a beaten on the mileage when trading.

Besides, I was wondering when I would here my first spark plug pop. (Yikes)

Anyway, wish me luck. I'll keep you posted if anything interesting comes up with the new one--good or bad.

Bob

Old 11-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Congrads, sure you will love it. I was considering an 04, but decided to hang on to my 99 unitl the 3 valve is available in the Expy's. Like you with you r2000, I love my 99, even though it did develop the dreaded head gasket leak, fixed last January, no sign of problems since. This was done under the extended warrantee. Let us know how your 04 works out, there are some pretty desirable adds and features now available, not available on my 99, when I bought it.

Old 11-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Well I managed to squeeze it through an 8 foot wide door but getting it back out was damn near impossible. I ended up folding the drivers mirror in and had no problem.

I really don't think I like the mirrors because now when they're ice coated in the winter I have to open the window and fold the drivers side. Hopefully the ice won't cause me to break something. Also, they reflect way to much light in from the cars in adjacent lanes which is very distracting (I wear glasses).

The car rides like a champ at least all the way up to 90 MPH without any vibrations or unwanted noise.

Since I had a 2000 I have to get used to the different placement of some things.

So far other than the mirrors Ford did OK. I wish they still embroidered the E.B. on the seats. It was a nice touch. I need to spend some time with the manual now and learn how to operate the DVD player. I don't even own a disc.

Bob