Expedition / Navigator

Taking to shop, anything else to look at?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Taking to shop, anything else to look at?

I'm taking my '00 Exp. to the dealership for the first time in long time (since Tire recall). I believe the Dr seat lumbar blew out, causing sharp metal to poke out the back side and potentily hurt the kids as they mess around in their "toy" pocket. Also the Rear passanger door, the inside hadle seems to "stick" a little, causing the child safety lock to engage after just a few openings, more annoying than anything, as this is our kiddie transport. Also the rear quarter windows wine when opening/closeing, done this for a while, just rarely use them, so never scheduled an appt. to fix, but while it's in, hey why not.

Anything thing else I should look out for? I think the rear wiper motor has been replaced, and I think the front's were recalled, but this been almost 3 years, and sometimes I confuse the X with the F-150 we had.

Over all can't complain, 3 years and ony been in the shop 2-3 times (2 recalls tires & wipers) and rear wiper. But while it's in just want to know if there are any other complaints I'm aware of I should be on the look out for.

Thanks
Bryan

Old 11-17-2003, 12:05 AM
What about routine maintenance? Fluid changes, front-end alignment, etc. Brake pads?

Old 11-17-2003, 07:29 PM
My 2000 has been to the shop 2 times. Once for window molding replacment after they faded rather quickly, the second time for brakes all around at about 45k.

I do all the maintenance and so far, this has been the best, no issue vehicle I've had. And that's including being compared to about 14 Mercedes and 1 Volvo we've had in the last 14 years, and many of those were 1 year or less. I'd say for my first Ford, this one has turned my blood blue.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:31 PM
while its there

have them look at the tie rod ends, and the idler arm
my ford parts guy said to keep an eye on this he sells
alot of them

Old 11-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks

I'll have them check it out.

Forgot the Extended warrenty, ESP i think it's called, has a $50 deductable, so I wanna check out anything I can.

So far been told my Dr seat lumbar is not covered, $200 to either fix or replace, not exactly sure what he said.

Thanks

Bryan

Quick Reply: Taking to shop, anything else to look at?