Expedition / Navigator

Update on Expedition is JUNK!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on Expedition is JUNK!

The check engine light is on now, and it hardly starts when cold out, when at an idel at a stop light the whole truck shakes like it has a HUGE CAM, everything on the truck is stock except for the muffler, sometimes when its shaking like i have a big block in it, it will also stall dead at the light and it will take me a few mins to get it goin, any ideas what is wrong with this thing now?
I had planed on selling my mustang and putting a F1- Procharger on the expedtion but this thing is falling apart.....

Old 01-16-2004, 12:13 PM
What year is your truck? Have you checked/cleaned the IAC valve? Have you changed your fuel filter?

Old 01-16-2004, 02:45 PM
the truck is a 1999 with the 5.4 it has 82k on it now the fuel filter was changed about 20k ago, not sure about the IAC oh ya forgot to mention this morning the overdrive on off button is flashing and wont stop and the truck wont down shift and it feels like its starting off in 3rd gear .... callin the tranny shop in a few min to tell them to fix it again

Old 01-16-2004, 04:31 PM
When it's shaking, is the RPM unusually low? If so, it might be a bad IAC. Next time it stalls and is hard to restart, press and hold the gas pedal down slightly while cranking the engine. If it starts up immediately and runs well with the throttle applied, it's IAC.

Quick Reply: Update on Expedition is JUNK!