Expedition / Navigator

NOT very Happy w/ 03 EB Expedition!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea...that's the ticket. You should blow 2 hrs on a Saturday and try one. EXACT same wheel base as my spouse's 4Runner Limited but a couple inches taller. Shares many of the same componets. Neat display for navigation, audio, and when reverse is selected a camera by the tag gives you a color screen of whatever's behind you.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by s76drvr
Kidtriton:

What about coverage under the Lemon Law and arbitration? Your track record so far is less than stellar with rear ends. BTW, drove a Lexus GX450 Sunday, very quiet, powerful, more amenities, holds value better, and about the same as an EB.

Keith

I think each state has its own lemon law provisions. Here in Virginia it states the vehicle has to have a track record of the problem, the problem is not fixable, AND the problem MUST be a danger to the driver, passengers and others on the road.

In other words, 20 radios replaced for static, or rattling doors, etc. will never get you your money back. Something like faulty brakes should. I doubt seriously that a rear differential will.

Old 03-04-2004, 02:13 PM
In all honesty, I'd take a shot with arbitration concurrently with letters to the state department of consumer affairs, state attorney general, NHTSA, the dealership owner and direct to WCF at Ford.

The fact is if the rear end is generating significant noise, it could potentially result in a catastrophic failure. I'll give you an example, my wife's 99 Explorer had a rear end noise that turned out to be the axle carrier bearings (both sides). They were completely shot at 40K. Imagine the result of seizure at 70mph.

You lose nothing by trying. Going on the 4th rear end is ridiculous.

I've used elements of the above agencies for a non vehicle related matter, and it got the attention of the other real quick.

Keith

Old 03-14-2004, 03:48 PM
CVs... rear '03 Exp

Going in tomorrow for new rear cv on one side. Snap crackel and pops when taking off. No rear end noise with the gears or posi though.
One of the electric door locks buzzes now too.
We'll see how it goes.. JR

Old 03-16-2004, 07:52 PM
update

Axle snapping noise was loose axle nut and the splines were making the noise. Door solenoid fixed.. off to the races..
JR

Old 03-19-2004, 07:46 AM
i finally got rid of mine, i got 27K for it, a 03 eddie bauer with 11K miles, 2wd 5.4. I bought it on the d plan, and with rebates i paid 30,500 for it new 9 months ago, so i figured i better take the 27000 offer while it was there.

i got a 01 navigator , and a 180$ a month lower of a payment than i had, went from 580 per mo. to 400 per mo.

Old 03-20-2004, 08:56 AM
I would have taken that deal too. Unfortunately I paid invoice, rolled in some negative equity to get me out of something I thought might kill me, with 0% financing for 5 years.

I think I pay like $750+ a month. I still owe quite a bit. If I sold it on the street I might get $30K for it. Too much of a loss at this point.

I will wait until I dont have any negative equity and then sell.

I still like the vehicle. I just dont *love* the vehicle.

Car Man's are producing better and better cars every year. I want an SUV with some power and economy. Maybe a hybrid some day.

LOVE the Porsche SUV. big bux probably.

5 Series BMW's are looking nice these days...

Good luck with your used Navigator. How do you like it?

I was just in the Florida Keys and I rented a brand-new (10 miles on it) Lincoln Continental. That thing was pretty nice. Drove very nicely, no rattles. Little under-powered with the 4.6. But nice.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Re: NOT very Happy w/ 03 EB Expedition!

Originally posted by white03EB
I now have 11,700 miles on my new EB Expedition. . . .wish I had bought another Toyota.
Probably going to keep this until I can get what I owe.
Is anyone else this annoyed with there 03 Expedition?
Not a happy customer. LAST Ford I'll buy...
BTW, I bought my Expy as a 2 yr old very slightly used vehical . . . I have put plenty of trouble free miles on her since and am quite happy with it.

I do just want to mention that if you think you "are going to keep" yours until you can sell it for what you owe . . . think again . . . . that is why I bought mine used, I paid WAY less then half of the original purchase price for a vehical with very low miles and in excellent condition, lol all of those are pretty minor things that I could fix in a couple hours.

seeya when you advertise it!

Last edited by Petrol; 03-20-2004 at 10:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Re: Re: NOT very Happy w/ 03 EB Expedition!

Originally posted by Petrol
BTW, I bought my Expy as a 2 yr old very slightly used vehical . . . I have put plenty of trouble free miles on her since and am quite happy with it.

I do just want to mention that if you think you "are going to keep" yours until you can sell it for what you owe . . . think again . . . . that is why I bought mine used, I paid WAY less then half of the original purchase price for a vehical with very low miles and in excellent condition, lol all of those are pretty minor things that I could fix in a couple hours.

seeya when you advertise it!

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that you can never break even on a vehicle? There are quite a few factors but eventually a vehicles value begins to level-off and the financing catches up with the value. I figure right about $20K is when I will start to catch up.

After 3 years of ownership I should owe what its worth as long as I dont stack up lots of miles. I put about 15K/year on it. Thats average miles. 3 years would be about 45K. If I take care of it, it should not be a problem.

Trade-in is an entirely different scenario.

Quick Reply: NOT very Happy w/ 03 EB Expedition!