Expedition / Navigator

New Owner With A Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner With A Few Questions

Hello all, great forums you have here. I recently bought my first Expedition. This is the first thing I've owned that wasn't a Mustang. I had 4 Mustangs prior to this and after my '94GT was totalled, I decided to buy an Expedition.

The questions I have are:

What is an EB2000? My truck is a '99, but on the side where the emblems that say "Expedition" are it has "EB2000" written underneath of the word Expedition. I know its not an Eddie Bauer edition because it has the 4.6L, no Mach 460 stereo, doesn't have Eddie Bauer stitched into the front seats, doesn't have the compass and miles-to-empty gadget and no turn signals on the side mirrors. But it also doesn't say XLT anywhere on the truck either. I'm stumped.

What size are the factory speakers? I'm looking to replace the door speakers with some aftermarket ones, but do not know the sizes.

I love this ride. It is black with tan trim, chrome factory wheels and tan leather. And it only has 45,000 miles on it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

J.

Old 02-15-2004, 03:16 PM
If it were an Eddie Bauer it could have either the 4.6 or 5.4, but with everything else you've said, it doesn't sound like it.

It sounds like a previous owner removed some factory badging and added some "other" badging for some reason.

Either way, enjoy the new ride. I just traded my 2000 EB and it was probably the best vehicle I've had. So far I'm expecting the Ex. to be just as good or better!

Old 02-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the reply, man. I see you're from Texas. I just moved back to PA from Texas after spending 10 years down there. My best friend is from Flower Mound. He lives in Killeen now, where I used to live.

Old 02-17-2004, 02:03 AM
I did a bunch of research when I was buying my '00 Expy last November, and I came across the "EB2000" moniker somewhere on the Net.

The short of it is, apperantly there was a (one?) Ford dealer that was taking XLT's with leather seats, and then putting the Eddie Bauer outside trim on them , along with various other EB options, and then selling them as EB2000s. I believe Ford put a stop to it after a while....

Old 02-17-2004, 06:38 AM
Yeah, I saw that as well. After I posted the original post, I did a Google search on "EB2000 Ford Expedition" and it produced two results. One was useless and the other was a report from the State Attorney in New York saying that the dealer was fined for misleading customers into thinking they were buying Eddie Bauer's.

Since that was the only dealer mentioned, it got me wondering if my truck was sold at that dealership. But I was told upon purchase that my truck was orginally bought locally.

Oh well, off to do some more research.

Quick Reply: New Owner With A Few Questions