Expedition / Navigator

How to fix door rattles on 03 EB Expy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to fix door rattles on 03 EB Expy?

After I purchased my 03 EB Expedition I sent it back to the dealer for a few minor adjustments. BOTH rear doors were rattling very badly on rough pavement. One door was just plain loose and not even installed right. You could see how far off it was. They fix the problem, but after about 5000 miles the rattles came back. Now both rears and the passenger front are rattling. This is VERY annoying and I want to know why this is happening and what can I do about it?

I think something on the inside is rattling but I also think the door is hitting against the body.

Quite obviously I can take it back again under warranty. But is this something I can fix? Maybe something is missing or installed incorrectly?

Any help would be appreciated. I know some of you work on Fords.

Old 02-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Between my wife and I, we have had 3 Rangers, 2 F-150s, 2 Explorers, and now, our '03 Expedition. None of the previous trucks ever produced a squeak or a rattle, but our Expedition has gone back to the shop twice for squeaks and other annoying sounds. Although they weren't from the doors like yours, I guess it's just due to the fact that it was a new body style. Hopefully, after another trip to the dealership, yours will be rattle free, too. I'm curious as to how the build quality of the '04 model campares to the '03...?

Quick Reply: How to fix door rattles on 03 EB Expy?