Expedition / Navigator

Picked up 99 Eddie Bauer and have questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Picked up 99 Eddie Bauer and have questions

I picked this Expedition up with 93000 miles on it. It has all options, 4X4, load leveler suspension, tow package, moonroof, 5.4L, 17" chrome wheels. Are there any items that need to be watched or will go bad? Any maintenance that I can do to preserve the systems? I noticed the air compressor for the load leveler under the hood... any maintenance for that? I was thinking of draining all fluids and putting new stuff in. Anything else I should do?

Old 02-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Congrats on the new purchase. I see you over on the L board. Not much to do for these things other than what you mentioned. As far as I know there is no maintenece for the compressor. When they go, well that's it. Just remember if you need to jack it up or change a tire make sure you turn the suspension off. It's a little switch up under the dash just above the carpet on the passenger side. You might also want to change the plugs or at least check them. Even the non S/C 5.4's pop a plug sometimes.

BTW a drop in K&N plus a cat back exhuast does make a difference in my opinion. Good luck.

Old 02-25-2004, 03:17 PM
I have heard of turning the suspension off when lifting in the air, but never knew why. It can't try and level itself without the key in the ignition, can it?

Old 02-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Yes it can and does. It has scared the ****ens out of me more than once when the suspension comes on when the truck has been sitting for awhile. It usually does it when it sits at a slight odd angle on our driveway. I guess it is just enough that the compressor comes on to put the suspension back to it's rest position.

Old 02-26-2004, 12:12 PM
93k? If you don't have any maintenance records, I would consider the following:

Fluids-change:

-Engine oil

-Brake (using a pressure bleeder)

-Front differential

-Transmission

-Transfer case

-Rear differential

-Antifreeze

Hard components:

Fuel filter

Spark Plugs (due at 100k, but probably ready now)

Old 03-11-2004, 07:21 PM
There's a clamp on a coolant hose, right above the #4 coil pack. Make sure it's tight (screwdriver?) or it will leak, destroying the coil pack. See this thread:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=1

Quick Reply: Picked up 99 Eddie Bauer and have questions