Expedition / Navigator

Expy roof rack on Navigator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Expy roof rack on Navigator?

I've never really liked the roof rack on my 2000 Navigator. Recently, one of the crossbars disappeared (fell off?, stolen?). I would like to replace the rails with the kind that are on Expeditions, and is sorta looks like the roof and mounting holes are in the same places. Not sure though. Has anybody tried this?

Old 10-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Don't know if it'd work or not. If you make the change I'd be interested in buying your other crossbar as I'm missing one too.

Thanks,
Smithj

Old 10-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Crossbar

I'll let you know. I'm working with a local dismantler to find an Expy rack. If it works, I should have a crossbar for sale.

Old 11-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Talking OK, it works.

I purchased a complete Expedition roof rack from my local auto dismantler. It was from a 1997 Expy. Took my chrome Navigator rack off my 2000 Navigator, and, using the same screws, attached the Expy rack with no problems. Everything lined up perfectly. The whole process took maybe 30 minutes. The new rack looks fine on my Navigator. All the captive mounting nuts lined up perfectly with the holes in the Expy rack. They are in the same spots exactly as the Navigator's.
So, in summary, it works.

Old 11-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Glad to hear it worked out. Still want to sell the other crossbar? I also need the two parts that slide down the crome rails that the crossbar attaches to.

Thanks,
Doug

p.s. I can do paypal

e-mail to
dougasmith1@hotmail.com

Quick Reply: Expy roof rack on Navigator?