Expedition / Navigator

Same rear shocks for LLS vs. non-LLS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same rear shocks for LLS vs. non-LLS?

Hello y'all,

I know 4-corner LLS systems use air shocks/torsion bars for the front and air springs/conventional shocks for rear.

Most application guides show no available shocks for 4-corner LLS systems but it seems to me the rear shocks should be the same.

For my 2002 Navigator, can I use the same shocks on the back as an 2002 Expedition (some application guides do no list 'Gators)? I'm thinking of the Rancho 9000X. Any feedback on this shock for our vehicles?

Thanks,
JAMES.

Old 11-08-2004, 01:13 PM
In my research for my 98 nav the OEM part number was the same for LLS and standard.

I went with the Rancho RSX. I also changed the rear sway bar at the same time....made a big improvment IMHO...Smithj

Old 11-15-2004, 10:04 PM
They are different. I ran Edelbrocks on mine although Edlebrock says they did not have one for LLS and that the non-LLS was different.

Bilstein does have one specific for LLS and another for non-LLS. Last I knew they were the only ones that had one out for LLS.

FYI, I ran the non-LLS Edlebrock on my LLS Expy and had not problems. It should be valved differently but physical size and mounting is the same.

Quick Reply: Same rear shocks for LLS vs. non-LLS?