Expedition / Navigator

SVT program renamed SHELBY?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by whip
Shelby is a washed up egotistical texan! Ford...if you are reading this....put that old man in the retirement home and let him race wheel chairs, and let SVT do what they do best.....make fast Fords! [/QUOTE

Little harsh don't you think. Carol Shelby brought performance to the masses. Granted he may not have the current "knowhow" in as far as modern high performance, but as has been proven over and over again it's not always knowhow but instead knowwho. That "old man" has more clout and contacts than anyone alive. I think a little respect is in order.
Just my opinion
Respectfully
Greg

Old 11-11-2004, 06:18 PM
If Ford does away with SVT thats 1 major f^ck-up. Shelby is a has been! Ford if you'r reading this take note leave SVT alone!
I could drop an engine in anything to and be knowin'! So let Shelby live out his old age in the paster. But Ford take note and hed the warrning, you never know you mite learn something us guys know!

SVTDSG03
HOT RODS TO HE!!

Old 11-11-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by oldiron
Originally posted by whip
Shelby is a washed up egotistical texan! Ford...if you are reading this....put that old man in the retirement home and let him race wheel chairs, and let SVT do what they do best.....make fast Fords!
Little harsh don't you think. Carol Shelby brought performance to the masses. Granted he may not have the current "knowhow" in as far as modern high performance, but as has been proven over and over again it's not always knowhow but instead knowwho. That "old man" has more clout and contacts than anyone alive. I think a little respect is in order.
Just my opinion
Respectfully
Greg

He was the man back in the day, and made som bad @$$ stuff, but in my opinion SVT is doing just fine with out him. If SVT and Shelby can come together, then great. We should see some bad @$$ vehicles, but all of the rumors I have heard is that Shelby wont work with SVT, so IMO Ford should dump Shelby, not SVT.

BTW: 100 GRAND for an Expedition is a ridiculous

Old 11-11-2004, 07:50 PM
The exhaust outlet looks pretty gay on that PUV:

Old 11-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by TampaBlack99
So all he did was install the GT engine and drivetrain in an Expedition. What a genious.

If my memory serves me correct a gentlemen by the name of DeLorean started a whole new concept by doing the exact same thing in 1964 by taking the 389 cu in from the Pontiac Gran Prix and stuff it into the little Tempest. With that and a little bling. Viola! We got the GTO! The first in the run of real muscle cars. DeLorean was the man who started it all for factory produced power. Well, he has few now that remember or respect him today for his contributions to our love of speed on the street. Why should it seem odd to some of us that the same is now said of Shelby who's aftermarket retro's focused on even more performance for the consumer.
They both had a real streak of genious IMHO. I may not agree with the present situation concerning Mr. Shelby but for what he's done for us in the past I will give him a

Old 11-11-2004, 08:56 PM
where does the coke come in?

Old 11-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Psssssssssst. Fored are you listening...

If not listen up...

If you end SVT, I'll end buying Ford vehicles.

Simple really. See if the beancounters had factored customer loyalty and customer betrayal into thier equation.

Eh... doesn't really matter to me though, I already get GM and Chrysler at employee price. Time to start using that discount again.

As for Shelby. Please... Let the old man and his idea's die in piece.

I like how ford Touted the Ford Cobra as a Shelby Cobra.. but the first time he saw it was at the unveiling. Pathetic marketing Ford.

Hey WHy not make another Ford Mustang CObra, claim it has 320hp, and then recall them all becuase you don't know what the hell you are doing.

Old 11-11-2004, 10:34 PM
hey superfords, are you on, if so email me, or check your email. thnaks wes

Old 11-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by l-menace
Psssssssssst. Fored are you listening...

If not listen up...

If you end SVT, I'll end buying Ford vehicles.

Simple really. See if the beancounters had factored customer loyalty and customer betrayal into thier equation.

Eh... doesn't really matter to me though, I already get GM and Chrysler at employee price. Time to start using that discount again.

As for Shelby. Please... Let the old man and his idea's die in piece.

I like how ford Touted the Ford Cobra as a Shelby Cobra.. but the first time he saw it was at the unveiling. Pathetic marketing Ford.

Hey WHy not make another Ford Mustang CObra, claim it has 320hp, and then recall them all becuase you don't know what the hell you are doing.
Kid, LEARN HOW TO SPELL. Dind't yuo wnat to be a laywer?

Old 11-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Don't forget when he jumped ship on us

First dodge

Then Oldsmobile

Old 11-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by oldiron
Little harsh don't you think. Carol Shelby brought performance to the masses.
Brought... past tense...
I don't think that a $110,000 Expedition is bringing power to the masses. How many of us are going to shell that out? SVT brings power to the masses... in a package that the masses can afford.

Old 11-12-2004, 04:13 AM
and the ram srt-10 is overprice, lmao.

Last edited by philosophico; 11-12-2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:28 AM
So Ford comes out with a $110,000 Car to compete with the $50,000 SRT10?

I say Ford, Call it a Shelby I don't care. Just make it affordable and put a spankin *** engine in it!

Old 11-12-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry, but where did it say anything about SVT.
Shelby is it's own company, as it has been for decades, he's just back building his versions, of Ford products, as he did in the day, He's not taking over anything.
other than his Close freindship with the Ford family, his products are no more taking over SVT than the Saleen, Steeda,Roush brand names.

Old 11-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by D Davis
I'm sorry, but where did it say anything about SVT.
Shelby is it's own company, as it has been for decades, he's just back building his versions, of Ford products, as he did in the day, He's not taking over anything.
other than his Close freindship with the Ford family, his products are no more taking over SVT than the Saleen, Steeda,Roush brand names.
Uh, it was speculative question. Is it a nice ride? Sure. Is it worth $110k? Probably not. Could he sell any? Probably a few (very few). It's just another example of the frustration involving Fords, and since Ford is all but scrapping SVT, people are pi$$ed. I agree with most of the above posts, regarding what a waste of time and money this vehicle is. If you had $110k to spend, would you buy a 550 HP Ford Expedition? Probably not. You probably wouldn't like the $25k depreciation on it in the first 6 months. You'd probably buy a $50k-$75k SUV and use the spare change on something the outperforms the $110k SUV. Right? That would make much more sense, wouldn't it? Dunno....

Quick Reply: SVT program renamed SHELBY?